Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone list all the compact .45's currently made that aren't DAO - That ARE DA/SA?

Really not interested in the DAO's at this time.
I presently own a Colt Defender .45 SA and interested in .45 compact pistols that are both DA/SA.

Not an insult. I know there are some great DAO's but I'm just looking at the DA/SA's for now.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sig has P220, P220R(black w/ tac light rails), P220ST(stainless w/ tac light rails) & P245(compact) that might be worth looking into! I'm a 45acp JUNKIE. I don't have a Sig in 45 yet and the P245 is what I think I will turn to. You can take the 8 shot mag from the P220's and slide them into the P245(6-shot) with no problem. I don't think I'll get the P220(but remember I'm a junkie, so I'll end up talking myself into needing a P220) because I already a fullsize 45(HK Tac USP45/ 12shot w/ tac light rail), why would I need another? But i must say that all Sigs are a dream to shoot!
So you know what will end up happening!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I know HK makes a USPc in .45ACP (Betty has one...)

And I know there are several flavors of Sigs on the Market.

Ruger may have a couple of models, although I couldn't tell you which ones.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
If you can find one, the Beretta Cougar 8045F (either in "full size" or "Mini" trim) is a superb gun....the slide, trigger pull and safety/decocker are very smooth; typical Beretta quality. Recoil is kept down thanks to the rotary barrel locking system.

MadOgre has a nice review of his MiniCougar 8045F here.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Para LDA comes to mind here. 4506, and similar in the Smith line, Ruger P90 series.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts