Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The longer we wait the more that will come out as the investigation uncovers additional evidences. Which is why the White House have no justification for its knee jerk reactions and the press for unconstitutional gun controls. We need government representatives that are balanced and level-headed and with a single agenda: To protect America in the interests of "We The People."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/12/whoa-jihadi-dad-orlando-terrorists-father-seddique-mateen-visited-state-dept-political-activist-taliban-sympathizer/comment-page-3/

Mateen?s Wife, Father Added to ?No-Fly? List - The Daily Beast

FBI: We Didn't Have Enough Info on 'Suspicious' Gun Customer Before Orlando Shooting - ABC News

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
The longer we wait the more that will come out as the investigation uncovers additional evidences. Which is why the White House have no justification for its knee jerk reactions and the press for unconstitutional gun controls. We need government representatives that are balanced and level-headed and with a single agenda: To protect America in the interests of "We The People."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/12/whoa-jihadi-dad-orlando-terrorists-father-seddique-mateen-visited-state-dept-political-activist-taliban-sympathizer/comment-page-3/

Mateen?s Wife, Father Added to ?No-Fly? List - The Daily Beast

FBI: We Didn't Have Enough Info on 'Suspicious' Gun Customer Before Orlando Shooting - ABC News
Uh, what did they do???? Are we going to interfere with the rights of the father because of the crimes of his child?
As for the wife, things are not as clear cut as early reports indicate. For example it was claimed she went with him to a store to buy ammo. Anyone want to make that a crime?

ANd as it turned out it was 38sp which was NOT used in the actual crime.

Do the freedom loving participants here really want to restrict the travel of someone who has not yet been arrested or charged?

Have we given up on being a nation of laws with due process protections? I think I hear some applause for that idea---- barf.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, until further notice, I guess...suspicion! Perhaps somebody is listening to bad blogosphere! Now, unless other evidence "is revealed" we'll have to wait and see what charges they can actually lay on them, of course providing there is something else that supports such. What's sad is the fact that they will be made a political football until the smoke clears and the dust settles. And we'll have to wait and see what shakes out! Unfortunately, given the climate, it's doubtful that anyone can really help them at this juncture.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Look it should be clear by now the FBI was never going after him. Heck what happens if an average whit guy even threatens to hit his partner. Lose guns on the spot.
As. They knew about him but it was hands off. Then when he acted spin it to blaming guns. Not the first not the last.
You will hear from the FBI what they want you to hear. What you will never hear is truth.
hillary.jpg

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The whole aim is to establish one case that can be used as a precedent. Once the courts sign off on it, it's on the books.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Uh, what did they do????
I suspect that the logic would be something like this:

The father by his own words clearly feels that homosexuality is an abomination, though there's little evidence (at this point) that he's edging toward the violent end of the pool with such beliefs.

The son by his own actions shows how strongly he believed in those precepts he was taught.

The political firestorm is toweringly huge at this point, such that they've got to be seen as doing "something" even though it's groundless and merely guilt by association.

This is yet another reason I despise the concept of secret courts, secret criteria, secret lists, without the ability to face one's accusers, without independent judges, outside public view. There's just too much room for corrupting the process based on less than valid motivations.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Which is why the White House have no justification for its knee jerk reactions and the press for unconstitutional gun controls.
Doesn't matter if Mateen's whole extended family turns out to be bad......liberals want 100% gun control and are simply pimping every crime every where to scare people. It's all part of the media brainwashing of America. The relatives of the victims weren't even notified before the Dems in the Senate were submitting a gun control bill. This will never change in America. Well until the terrorists set off a WMD or bio weapon. Sad really....60% of Democrats believe the Orlando terror attack was a case of "Domestic Gun Violence"

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
This is as clear as the Second.

Let us not be hypocritical. It is so ugly. And hard to defend.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
While I admit this case keeps getting more and more curious, the sources cited above hardly offer compelling evidence of anything nefarious, plus the actual sources lack credibility as they all have their own baggage as legitimate news sources (Conservative Tree House, Daily Beast, and ABC news). I agree the more that is revealed in this case, the more the extended family appears to have either taken an active role in supporting this attack or certainly had forewarning it was coming.

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Obama needs to hire Captain Obvious to run the FBI

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
They are both part of an active investigation. I would bet both were asked to surrender their passports! DR
I mnight be wrong, but I thought that was only something done when a judge sets bond. Someone who knows please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Have we given up on being a nation of laws with due process protections? I think I hear some applause for that idea---- barf.
Perhaps.

The era of the "'Evil Black' Scare" (from the phrase "evil black gun"). Perhaps that's what future generations will view this period of fearful backlash, given that predators exist in the world.

Hopefully, whatever the critters in Congress decide to do, with respect to stripping of liberties, they'll demand and require that appropriate due process be part of it. They've sworn blood oaths to support, protect and defend the Constitution. We'll see whether they uphold their oaths, or defile them yet again. Time will tell.

I know what square my quarter's sitting on. :tired:

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I suspect that the logic would be something like this:

The father by his own words clearly feels that homosexuality is an abomination, though there's little evidence (at this point) that he's edging toward the violent end of the pool with such beliefs.

The son by his own actions shows how strongly he believed in those precepts he was taught.

The political firestorm is toweringly huge at this point, such that they've got to be seen as doing "something" even though it's groundless and merely guilt by association.

This is yet another reason I despise the concept of secret courts, secret criteria, secret lists, without the ability to face one's accusers, without independent judges, outside public view. There's just too much room for corrupting the process based on less than valid motivations.

Not a fan of the Patriot Act CW?

We already have ALL those things you mention; the horse has left the barn!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Missing the point . they had all they needed on him. They ignored it due to PC. Obama told FBI hands off .

hillary.jpg

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
My theory is the WH and media minions wanted to get the gun control train up to speed before the ugly facts caught up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts