Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was at Knobles today with the family taking the kids on a bunch of kiddy rides, it was more their day then mine. Well we finally made our way over to the train ride and I sat my two year old son down, then I sat behind him. Mind you these are made for kids... as I'm sitting there in the rear seat, holding my son in front of me with my knees practically in my face I hear a kid in line shout:

"Look daddy, he has a gun just like yours" and was pointing right at me. I felt about 50 eyes on me instantly when suddenly the dad smacked his son in the head and bent down and said something in his ear :twak: He gave me a nod after the incident and I reciprocated.

I was sitting there cramped up in the small seat, no matter how hard I tried my holster stuck out of the bottom of the overly large shirt I was wearing. Sitting the way I was it rode up over the bottom of my holster. I still think its amazing this kid spotted my holster like that :blink:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Uh oh... Better get bigger shirts.

·
Registered
358 Posts
LoL....well at least we know Knoebels was safe for a day or two.

I was there this weekend as well.

BTW...great park, for anyone whoever has never been there.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Poor kid took a beating.:twak:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Nothing like being the center of attention. Did anyone approach you or speak with you afterward?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
so far it has not come to that.
My little girl (4 years old) did point out a sticker on a passing car that was like mine. (NRA)
How she saw that in the limited time avalable I never know.

I have got to train that kid to spot deer. Much better eyes then I have had for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
50,582 Posts
Kids don't miss much...except directions for 'chores'...:yup::image035:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was sitting there cramped up in the small seat, no matter how hard I tried my holster stuck out of the bottom of the overly large shirt I was wearing. Sitting the way I was it rode up over the bottom of my holster. I still think its amazing this kid spotted my holster like that :blink:
Time for an IWB holster? :yup:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Daddy carries and the kid is now picking up on it when others are. Good for the kid.... he noticed. Dad will work on him on "tact" now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:rofl: I just wish you could post a picture of yourself sitting there all scrunched up, and the look on your face frozen for the picture when that kid squealed on you :yup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had 2 instances:

In Walgreen, getting passport photos. My 6 year old son is running towards me, as usual, and stops too late. He runs into me, hitting his head on the butt of my 1911. He says in his load 6 year old voice 'Dad, I hit my head on your GUN!'. I tried to stiffle him, but it was too late. I quickly looked around, and thankfully there was nobody in earshot!

I was with my daughter, who was 9, in Best Buy. She saw one of the plasma big screen TV's on display, and said 'wow, we need one of those' just as the salesman walks up to us. I replied that Mommy would kill me if we bought it. She then says 'Well, Mommy could not hurt you since you could use the gun in your pocket to stop her!',

Gotta love those children!

Jamie

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great story! My 6-year-old knows I carry, and my wife and I have explained to him that's something we never discuss in public. He has yet to out me, knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
There was a post awhile ago about kids blurting out things like "gun" and "bullets." The family decided to use secret code words like "hammer" and "nails." Thereafter it was "Daddy, are you goung over to the hammer department to buy some nails?"

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Daddy carries and the kid is now picking up on it when others are. Good for the kid.... he noticed. Dad will work on him on "tact" now.
Agreed, and smacking him in the head probably wasn't the best reaction either though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts