Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee ... Media was wrong again .... but they got their blame game on to fit the Obama / Progressive agenda on AR15's. The Orlando one was NOT an AK nor AR either.

Now We Know Which Gun The Dallas Shooter Used ? Everyone Is Surprised | Three Percenter Nation

Now We Know Which Gun The Dallas Shooter Used – Everyone Is Surprised

As the nation begins to wrap its head around what happened in Dallas, Texas last night during a protest against police shootings, certain factions are already shifting blame from the suspect in the case to the firearms used.

“When people are armed with powerful weapons, unfortunately it makes attacks like these more deadly and tragic,” President Obama said at a press conference during a trip to Poland. “In the days ahead we’re going to have to consider those realities.”

However, the rifle used by the suspect in the Dallas murders wasn’t an AR-15 variant rifle as many people originally thought. No, in fact the gun used was a 70+ year old relic that would not meet the definition of an “assault weapon” under most state laws. CBS News is reporting that the firearm used was an SKS rifle.

Pics and more of story @ Link

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Gee ... Media was wrong again .... but they got their blame game on to fit the Obama / Progressive agenda on AR15's. The Orlando one was NOT an AK nor AR either.

Do we know how his SKS was dressed up? See, a few years back I was at a flea market, and they had two SKS rifles. One, the one I was interested in was
similar in appearance to the photos above.

The other, which did not interest me, looked very much different. It was really decked out. The mag was not fixed, held more rounds, and was replaceable, for example. The stock
was not wood. The sights were different too. I did not at all recognize that both were essentially the same rifle. The old boy selling them had to explain to me
that both were SKS and show me.

I don't doubt that someone can do the horrific damage with an SKS the way it is shown in the pics you posted, but I'd like to know what he actually had.
What did his look like. Did he really have something with a fixed mag? With original sights? etc.

Anyone know what was actually used?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sadly... it makes sense.... 7.62 vs. 5.56.... More destructive power (per round) in the practiced hands of a skilled shooter. You loose a little bit on capacity, but they are fairly easy to load with practice and as has been stated, it may have even been tricked out with a detachable mag conversion. Kind of shows a bit of his military mind with this choice. Very deadly weapon in skilled hands.

·
Registered
190 Posts
But the News Media said that it was a AR-15. How could they make such a mistake. Obama and Hilary were already to back them up.

Reactions: The Old Anglo

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Sadly... it makes sense.... 7.62 vs. 5.56.... More destructive power (per round) in the practiced hands of a skilled shooter. You loose a little bit on capacity, but they are fairly easy to load with practice and as has been stated, it may have even been tricked out with a detachable mag conversion. Kind of shows a bit of his military mind with this choice. Very deadly weapon in skilled hands.
I totally agree. This idiot was looking for a longer range gun and this choice was more logical than an AR given the purpose. Not saying one can't do a lot of damage with an AR, but it does make sense.

And of course it just proves how remarkably ridiculous the movement against "scary black rifles" really is. Anyone who knows anything about guns knows that looks are totally irrelevant. And that is one reason we get the ridiculously stupid laws so many uneducated politicians pursue.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Don't expect too much in the way of news coverage in order to correct any reporting errors as to exactly what type of rifle was used as a murder weapon.

That ain't going to happen....because it would be an agenda override. :yup:

Mission Accomplished would be that it was an AR-15 with very ultra-high capacity magazines in order to slay so many officers.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Don't expect too much in the way of news coverage in order to correct any reporting errors as to exactly what type of rifle was used as a murder weapon.

That ain't going to happen....because it would be an agenda override. :yup:

Mission Accomplished would be that it was an AR-15 with very ultra-high capacity magazines in order to slay so many officers.
Why muddy the waters with the truth and accurate details! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I sold my Mak 90 ak 47 and kept both of my SKS thats how good the rifle design is to me. Both have removable magazines a conversion that takes all of 5 minutes they have never jammed failed to feed or eject. Old design? Its only three years older than the ak47 design.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Do we know how his SKS was dressed up? See, a few years back I was at a flea market, and they had two SKS rifles. One, the one I was interested in was
similar in appearance to the photos above.

The other, which did not interest me, looked very much different. It was really decked out. The mag was not fixed, held more rounds, and was replaceable, for example. The stock
was not wood. The sights were different too. I did not at all recognize that both were essentially the same rifle. The old boy selling them had to explain to me
that both were SKS and show me.

I don't doubt that someone can do the horrific damage with an SKS the way it is shown in the pics you posted, but I'd like to know what he actually had.
What did his look like. Did he really have something with a fixed mag? With original sights? etc.

Anyone know what was actually used?
My God! it might have had a scary looking black stock on it! By all means let's focus on the gun and not on the criminal.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Now We Know Which Gun The Dallas Shooter Used ? Everyone Is Surprised | Three Percenter Nation

As the nation begins to wrap its head around what happened in Dallas, Texas last night during a protest against police shootings, certain factions are already shifting blame from the suspect in the case to the firearms used.

“When people are armed with powerful weapons, unfortunately it makes attacks like these more deadly and tragic,” President Obama said at a press conference during a trip to Poland. “In the days ahead we’re going to have to consider those realities.”

However, the rifle used by the suspect in the Dallas murders wasn’t an AR-15 variant rifle as many people originally thought. No, in fact the gun used was a 70+ year old relic that would not meet the definition of an “assault weapon” under most state laws. CBS News is reporting that the firearm used was an SKS rifle.

I seriously doubt this photo is the actual type used. Not that as it makes any difference in the argument.

Proud father of 3 upright citizens.
Lucky husband of the world's most wonderful woman.
US Navy SubVet.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Proud father of 3 upright citizens.
Lucky husband of the world's most wonderful woman.
US Navy SubVet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I totally agree. This idiot was looking for a longer range gun and this choice was more logical than an AR given the purpose. Not saying one can't do a lot of damage with an AR, but it does make sense.

And of course it just proves how remarkably ridiculous the movement against "scary black rifles" really is. Anyone who knows anything about guns knows that looks are totally irrelevant. And that is one reason we get the ridiculously stupid laws so many uneducated politicians pursue.
Actually, the democrats aren't trying to ban just scary black rifles. They intend to ban ALL guns.

I know the gun crowd always proudly proclaims how a semi auto AR-15 isn't an "assault rifle" and that it only goes bang with each pull of the trigger. And that the 5.56 is ballistically inferior to, say, a .308 Win, .338 Lapua Magum or .50 BMG. All we're doing is convincing the ignorant left that ALL guns are bad and further allowing the complete confiscation of guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I agree with the 7.62 vs. 5.56. It turns out the actual round used was the 5.45x39mm. Even less velocity than comparable 5.56mm weights.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts