Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy called me at work from Buds and said “ Hey man, got something down here I think you will like!”

Well damned if he wasn’t right. I thru him a $100 bill cause that’s all I had on me, and he put it away for me. But I will jail break it tomorrow.

Genuine stag grips with nice aging, and a factory refinished bluing. It’s a 10-5.
Beautiful little piece and locked up like a bank vault.

Ah, it ain’t the latest in technology, but they suit my likes and needs just fine!

She’s a good lookin ol girl ain’t she?
Revolver Font Wood Gas Household hardware

She will be a good stablemate for my old M66
Trunk Terrestrial animal Tail Soil Wildlife

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My buddy called me at work from Buds and said “ Hey man, got something down here I think you will like!”

Well damned if he wasn’t right. I thru him a $100 bill cause that’s all I had on me, and he put it away for me. But I will jail break it tomorrow.

Genuine stag grips with nice aging, and a factory refinished bluing. It’s a 10-5.
Beautiful little piece and locked up like a bank vault.

Ah, it ain’t the latest in technology, but they suit my likes and needs just fine!

She’s a good lookin ol girl ain’t she?
View attachment 366029

She will be a good stablemate for my old M66
View attachment 366030
Nice gun @G-man* . Is it a no lock? 😜

·
Super Moderator
19,270 Posts
Watch out there!

Those things have a habit of multiplying in one's safe.

Ask me how I know that.

That's a right dressy looking Model 10 right there, what with the stags.

Folks would do well to have and use Model 10s. They don't know what they're missing. Good for what ails ya'.

·
Registered
21,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice gun @G-man* . Is it a no lock? 😜
Before ya check out of this world, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to one of these older M10’s.
I think the 10-5 was made mid sixties to late seventies.
The HB M10’s are nice, but these older thin barreled ones are nice handling guns! They handle fast….if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Before ya check out of this world, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to one of these older M10’s.
I think the 10-5 was made mid sixties to late seventies.
The HB M10’s are nice, but these older thin barreled ones are nice handling guns! They handle fast….if that makes sense.
I like S & W revolvers, especially older ones in good condition.Those stag grips are nice, almost like an older ivory. I have my EDC needs met, so it's time to start acquiring a few guns that are well made, accurate and fun to shoot, and look good. After reaching a certain level of proficiency, they might even see some carry duty. Guns like the Model 10 and a 1911 definitely fit that bill.

·
Registered
21,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
. After reaching a certain level of proficiency, they might even see some carry duty. Guns like the Model 10 and a 1911 definitely fit that bill.
Yesterday it was a LW Commander with pocket j frame, today it was the M64 ( stainless version of the M10 HB) with j frame in the pocket.

Gonna grow me some “ chops” and get some Ray- Ban aviators😂

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Even the suggestion of wheelgun carry gets you a MOD beatdown on the "other" forum.

·
Super Moderator
19,270 Posts
I've been joined at the hip with my Model 10 Heavy Barrel since my late teens. It feels familiar, like an old pair of comfortable jeans, but I gotta admit that I agree with Chuck and if I had it to do over again I'd go for the 4-inch standard barrel. I like its classic looks and there's no shooting difference between the two variants. Both point like one's finger and both aren't much bothered by recoil from any sort of .38 Special ammunition.

This isn't every Model 10 and Military & Police revolver on hand, but it is a crummy photo of Model 10s in all available barrel lengths except the rare 2 1/2-inch configuration made for order for a contract buyer. Shown from top to bottom are Model 10s in 6, 5, 4 Heavy Barrel, 4, 3, and 2 inches. The 5-inch is nickel and the 2-inch is round butt. The only Model 10 I ever bought new is that 2-inch.

·
Registered
21,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been joined at the hip with my Model 10 Heavy Barrel since my late teens. It feels familiar, like an old pair of comfortable jeans, but I gotta admit that I agree with Chuck and if I had it to do over again I'd go for the 4-inch standard barrel. I like its classic looks and there's no shooting difference between the two variants. Both point like one's finger and both aren't much bothered by recoil from any sort of .38 Special ammunition.

This isn't every Model 10 and Military & Police revolver on hand, but it is a crummy photo of Model 10s in all available barrel lengths except the rare 2 1/2-inch configuration made fo order for a contract buyer. Shown from top to bottom are Model 10s in 6, 5, 4 Heavy Barrel, 4, 3, and 2 inches. The 5-inch is nickel and the 2-inch is round butt. The only Model 10 I ever bought new is that 2-inch.
For me, the M10 is the quintessential S&W revolver.

And they have an extraordinary balance and action.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts