Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range with my Sr1911 and Lc9s again on Saturday. I cannot get over the nagging feeling I'm going to sell my Sig P320 and Sig P938 in the next few months in favor of a seconf Lc9s and a second Sr1911.

Nothing against the Sigs, they finally fixed the P320 and I have full confidence in it ( and $200 in holsters lol). And the P938 is just a nicely crafted gun, much nicer looking than the Lc9s to me.

But the two Rugers mentioned just fit my hand so well, are so much more accurate (to me), they are effortless for me to shoot well.

Alternatively I might consider a Sig 1911 in .45 but I don't want to take too much beating on the deal if I sell both. And I do like night sights so would miss that on the P938 if I standardize on the 2 Ruger models. My Sr1911 has night sights but they aten't standard on the Lc9s.

Tough call but its a thought thats come to mind several times in the past 6 months. Maybe
I need a more direct comparison between the P320 and the Sr1911 on my next range trip.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
YEs, a second SR1911. Make it a matching 9mm if you stick with Ruger.

Normally, I'd say go for a Dan Wesson, but you already know how nice
a Ruger 1911 can be.

I'd like to see them offer their new Target Model in 9mm as well.
Ruger® SR1911® * Centerfire Pistol Model 6736

Those big sights and my aging eyes would be a good match!

Too many nice 1911s on the market these days.

When I first started shooting you had a choice between a Colt
or a Colt. The Singer and Rem -Rands were for collectors.

When a close friend asked about a 1911 .45 for concealed carry...
I told him that the Ruger in commander or full sized form would
suit his outdoor needs and budget.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
"But the Rugers mentioned just fit my hand so well, are so much more accurate (to me), they are effortless for me to shoot well." I think you already know what you want and what is right for you - the Rugers.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
As Nike says, " Just do it!"
So the next question is Standard or Commander? or LC9s or Pro? Shucks, buy 2 LC's for one 1911.
Or just for fun, go try a SR9C. :smile:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Lots of great firearm brands out there, and each has it's (well-deserved) aficionados.

That said, I'm a Ruger dude, and it's been many decades since I've considered anything else.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
But the two Rugers mentioned just fit my hand so well, are so much more accurate (to me), they are effortless for me to shoot well.
That really says it all right there.

Reactions: wizard7mm08

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I honestly jumped on this thread expecting to try to defend Ruger (though if its the guns fault its the guns fault) but I was surprised when I read that you are damning them in the sense that they are causing you to contemplate getting rid of what many would consider a "superior brand". As others have said, go with what your heart and hands love. Which, according to your OP, are the Rugers.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
It is very rare when a Ruger is the the wrong choice!

·
Registered
828 Posts
No wrong choices here. If you're considering a Sig 1911, I love my Fastback Nightmare Carry. It has a great feature-set for the money, including the night sights that you like. But I love my Ruger 1911's too. Whatever you decide, you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've said it his many times on this forum. I shoot our LC9s Pro better than any pistol I've ever fired.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i purchased a Hogue grip for my Ruger 9E it makes a world of difference, my neighbor said he thought he could easily shoot it with one hand.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
life is too short to just have Ruger's firearms :smile:
Meh. If Ruger has an offering of something I want, I'll look into and probably purchase that first. Between my father and I there is one single S&W and it ain't a wheel gun. It's my Shield, because Ruger doesn't offer a single stack .40.

Variety is the spice of life, but I have a picky palette. :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts