Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're unwilling to take the time to write an email to your senator about Chipman, maybe you can take the time to call the Capitol switchboard and give a message to your senator's staff to vote "NO!" on Chipman. Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Write to the senators who may be 50/50 on the confirmation, i.e. Manchin of WV and Cinema of AZ. Even if you know where your home state’s senators stand on the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
As I have said before:
  • It's not like the ATF was friendly to gun owners or manufacturers before.
  • If he doesn't get confirmed, they will get someone just as bad.
  • The ATF generally still has to follow the law.
  • The last time the ATF violated the law, by its own admission, was at Trump's behest.
So how much worse can it get? Unless we get Congress turned around, anything else pales in importance. Gun owners get their panties in a knot about threats to NFA enforcement, which doesn't even affect most gun owners. Meanwhile, Congress is planning to take the whole enchilada.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Write to the senators who may be 50/50 on the confirmation, i.e. Manchin of WV and Cinema of AZ. Even if you know where your home state’s senators stand on the issue

Sinema is only playing at being undecided. And I'm sure that her buddy Kelly will have no problem with confirming Chippy.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
As I have said before:
  • The last time the ATF violated the law, by its own admission, was at Trump's behest.
So how much worse can it get? Unless we get Congress turned around, anything else pales in importance. Gun owners get their panties in a knot about threats to NFA enforcement, which doesn't even affect most gun owners. Meanwhile, Congress is planning to take the whole enchilada.
An AR Pistol ban sure will affect quite a few gun owners.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As I have said before:
You are probably right on those points but what kind of message does it send to Joe and Congress if the 2A community shows apathy on this issue? Chipman is a loon and very far left with his stance on guns

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
An AR Pistol ban sure will affect quite a few gun owners.
And that will be a shame. I have always actively supported and lobbied for gun rights for every law abiding citizen, for every legal type of gun. But I am getting tired of gun owner apathy. And our "hero" Trump opened the door for this with the illegal bump stock ban.

I'll share an anecdote: I was working the VCDL booth at the Richmond Gun Show and guys were coming by with shopping carts full of ARs and AR accessories. They would stop by to chat, but they would not spend $25 to join.

The NSSF estimates there are about 5-15 million AR lowers out there and I imagine most are rifles. So AR pistols will be a small percentage of 330 million guns. I am sorry for any AR Pistol owners that take a hit. But I am going to start worrying about what I own and what I do with them. It is getting to be every gun owner for himself.

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
You are probably right on those points but what kind of message does it send to Joe and Congress if the 2A community shows apathy on this issue? Chipman is a loon and very far left with his stance on guns
"...if the 2A community shows apathy..." Are you kidding me? The "2A community" isn't even really a community anymore and it has been showing little more than complete apathy for a couple of years now. That's how we got here. I can tell you from who shows up when requested to lobbying events, PR events legislative meetings, etc.

And Joe and the Congress aren't listening to any "messages we send." If we don't vote the right people into office, even if the other side cheats, we don't have a prayer. We are on the downhill slide and picking up speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
"...if the 2A community shows apathy..." Are you kidding me? The "2A community" isn't even really a community anymore and it has been showing little more than complete apathy for a couple of years now. That's how we got here. I can tell you from who shows up when requested to lobbying events, PR events legislative meetings, etc.

And Joe and the Congress aren't listening to any "messages we send." If we don't vote the right people into office, even if the other side cheats, we don't have a prayer. We are on the downhill slide and picking up speed.
Again, you’re probably right but if it makes the slightest difference come election time, then I’m sending out a few emails. And just because the “community” is fractured doesn’t mean it can’t be turned around. At a minimum all of the new gun owners need to be informed of what’s going on so we can get some of the right people voted into office in 2022

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I have said before:
So, we should not voice opposition to any ATF nominee who is a bad choice? That’s what it sounds like you are saying.

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
So, we should not voice opposition to any ATF nominee who is a bad choice? That’s what it sounds like you are saying.
People should contact their elected representatives about whatever concerns them, including that, for all the good it will do. I gave my reasons why it is not on my personal radar.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's his four hour testimony boiled down to 37 minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
My senators will already not vote for him. They know how their constituents feel about the 2A.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
9,100 Posts
I am with The Raven on this one. Call, write, email your representatives whether they will vote for or against this dangerous individual.
Those who will vote for him need to know how many of their constituents oppose this. Those who already oppose this nomination need to hear your support to bolster them for the fight.
Those of you who do not think it is worth your time, shame on you. The same folks that poo poo the idea of an upcoming civil war, won't take the time to contact their reps to try to avoid it. The Republic can not stand without the participation of all the citizens. Thank you @G26Raven for reminding us of our responsibilities as a citizen.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am with The Raven on this one. Call, write, email your representatives whether they will vote for or against this dangerous individual.
Those who will vote for him need to know how many of their constituents oppose this. Those who already oppose this nomination need to hear your support to bolster them for the fight.
Those of you who do not think it is worth your time, shame on you. The same folks that poo poo the idea of an upcoming civil war, won't take the time to contact their reps to try to avoid it. The Republic can not stand without the participation of all the citizens. Thank you @G26Raven for reminding us of our responsibilities as a citizen.
My wife regularly reminds me that I am the person responsible for stirring the fecal matter.

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY
1 - 20 of 20 Posts