Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GA CCW arrived in the mail on Saturday, 2/25.

Day one of packing in public consisted of:
Home Depot (new house, woo hoo!)
Moe's
Rooms To Go (new house, woohoo!)
Starbucks

(Unfortunately, I couldn't carry to the Kid Rock concert that night (it's a "public gathering" under every GA definition).

No Wally World on day one, but I did get there yesterday, day two.

post edited by QKShooter

:)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Cool.
But I have a problem with you not going to WallyWorld immedately.
You broke rule one of newbydom.

But really, Welcome to CCW land.

AFS

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Not only Wally World , but you must eat the nachos you know lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
******* Repairs said:
Not only Wally World , but you must eat the nachos you know lol

I thought the day one tradition was to buy ammo at wally world and then eat at McDonald's. I picked up paint chips at the Depot and ate at Moe's instead.

My wife thinks 200 rounds for each gun in the house is "enough," so I wasnt ammo shopping that day...

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
imho ammo purchase is optional , but the nachos at wally world are required lol

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Glad you have it now :smilez:

Hope it is proving comfortable and not too obvious to you. I'll give you another month maybe before having it gone feels odd! :wink:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P95Carry said:
Glad you have it now :smilez:

Hope it is proving comfortable and not too obvious to you. I'll give you another month maybe before having it gone feels odd! :wink:
Well, I've been wearing around the house and yard almost constantly since I applied. (I took them 98 days to issue the license, but that's a seperate discusssion)

I still need to trim the top corner of the CTAC for maximum comfort, but other than that, no complaints.

Everything was cool the first day. But, yesterday, I was wierding myself out a bit in the checkout line at wally world. There were so many people, so close by, I was just waiting for someone to say something. Of course, no one else gives the tiniest bit of thought to what they can't even see under my shirt, but that tension will pass with time, I'm sure.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
mzmtg said:
Well, I've been wearing around the house and yard almost constantly since I applied. (I took them 98 days to issue the license, but that's a seperate discusssion)

I still need to trim the top corner of the CTAC for maximum comfort, but other than that, no complaints.

Everything was cool the first day. But, yesterday, I was wierding myself out a bit in the checkout line at wally world. There were so many people, so close by, I was just waiting for someone to say something. Of course, no one else gives the tiniest bit of thought to what they can't even see under my shirt, but that tension will pass with time, I'm sure.

Wait till you in line at the fast food place and 2 kids are screwing around and one smacks there head into the slide of your gun and then looks at ya and says hey mister what was that ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
"Sir, What is that "bulge" under your shirt on your right side??" "My cell phone Ma'am, why do you ask??" :theyareontome:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Can't believe no Wally World on first day, that's just un-American lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
The head bump has gotta be the most "interesting".
i have a 3 yr old who's head is right there. he's hit it more than a couple times and that can "out ya" real fast.
people don't expect the reaction a kid'll give ya just for bumping his head on yer hip. unbeknownst to them he wacked his head on a 1911 slide!
i have a pretty good routine down now to block him from bumping it...cuz its gotta hurt.
congrats and welcome!!

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I got my first CCW 34 years ago so there was no "Wally World" tradition...but day one for the wife was most defiantly nachos at W-W:image035:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Bud White said:
Wait till you in line at the fast food place and 2 kids are screwing around and one smacks there head into the slide of your gun and then looks at ya and says hey mister what was that ...
Ahhh...yes, the old kid smackin their head on the firearm. It's happened with my own kid. She figured out what it was and knew not to say what it was in public.

Another good one is the first time a cop walks past you. A little tense, but soon it becomes no big deal.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Don't you just love going to Yuppie places like Starbucks packing? If they only knew what that buldge really was.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
like Starbucks packing? If they only knew what that bulge really was.
A visit to Hooters might be even more intriguing LOL :wink: :wink: :wink: :18:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congrats on getting through the first time out! The whole wal-mart thing is funny. Not long after the big chain got around to installing a store about 15 miles from me, my wife wanted to go over and check it out. Much to her surprise, I was actually interested in going too. It was the first day that Wal Mart was in operation and I knew that what my responsibility was... A quick trip to the safe for the Glock 22, IWBCrossbreed holster and a magazine full of Speers I was ready to go. She thought it was insane until I explained to her the right of passage a carrying person goes through by posting a note on a certain website about carrying in the store, and how we all laugh a bit about them over here...

I just posted my story so I guess I have been "made". Time for the dancing banana that I love so dealry. :banana:

I have never thought about the kids bumping it, good point training the little ones not to say anything revealing. I have ages 3,almost 2 and almost 1 living at home....

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
my daughter forgot I carry 1 day, took a swing at my hip just playing around. She figured out what it was right quick. i have taught em both to never mention i carry a pistol to anyone, even their mother. (my ex) Amazingly at 9 and 11 yrs old they can keep a secret so well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ran into Hooters for some wings the other day. Was standing in line and a waitress scooted by me and rubbed against my Kimber, she didn't even give a glance back.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yep, I have even made the trip to Wally World for my first time carrying. Just wandered around the store being my normal self. lol...

Just wait until you go to a store and one of your relatives you haven't seen in a very long time sees you and wants to give you a hug. Word of advice keep your arms low so they will have to go high. Works like a charm. :image035:

·
Super Moderator
25,615 Posts
Every time I read one of these threads I keep imagining the crowd at Wally World on the day the big glut of CC permits arrive if Maryland ever gets "Shall Carry".:biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts