Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left over ham from Sunday. Dry Pinto beans left overnight in water. Throw it in a crock pot and add yellow rice, seasoning, and small can of tomatoes and green chilies. It aint Cajun cooking, but follows using whatever you have available. Its not Jambalaya, but not bad either.

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
Set a place for me.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Looks good, scottync. I think wife is going to put some chicken on the bbq this evening. :p

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Left over ham from Sunday. Dry Pinto beans left overnight in water. Throw it in a crock pot and add yellow rice, seasoning, and small can of tomatoes and green chilies. It aint Cajun cooking, but follows using whatever you have available. Its not Jambalaya, but not bad either.

View attachment 332075
I grew up on pintos and cornbread. Your recipe looks really good.....think I will have to give that a try! Speaking of cornbread, I sure do miss my grandmaw's cast iron skillet cornbread.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Ah, traditional Jewish Friday-night food!

New York City wisdom:
How did we know when it was Shabbat?
Easy: It was when our parents took us out for trayf.:devilish:
Actually traditional Jewish Sunday night food.
So true boychick:)
JOKE;This is approx 5760 in the Jewish calendar and 4400 in the Chinese calendar.
The meaning of this????
For their first 1360 years,Jews had no where to eat on Sunday night!!!!!:);):(:mad::D:p

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Avocado tuna salad with tomatoes, rye toast with molasses. Lots of raw juice drinks. 5 pounds down 10 more to go.

Gerson Therapy diet, works for whatever ails ya 😊

CWOUSCG is having grass fed beef steak, cabbage and salad. 🌶 🌽 🍅

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got back from CrackerBarrel - Spicy grilled catfish, salad, home fries, and pinto beans with lots of unsweetened ice tea. It's naptime!
My daughter learned to cook working at Cracker Barrel. The girl can cook fish and chicken like nobody else. Shes goes fishing down the road with her husband, cleans her catch, and then cooks for everybody. I taught her to clean fish once with a bass she caught - now she's a pro.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts