Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for an EDC knife and came across Columbia River Knives... they have a few within my budget as I'm not willing to spend several hundred dollars on a pocket knife...

Any feedback on these or are there other suggestions? Im looking for black on black folding...

Thank you!

Reactions: graydude

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
CKRT are good to go ..Also look at the Spyderco line ..Great knifes great price

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CKRT are good to go ..Also look at the Spyderco line ..Great knifes great price
I came across the CRKT on instagram and googled em, fit the budget on their site, then searched amazon and theyre even less expensive!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a $10 Task-Force but thinking its on the "cheaper" end of knives... How is Kershaw?

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I got a $10 Task-Force but thinking its on the "cheaper" end of knives... How is Kershaw?
Also good knifes ..Me I like spyderco as they open very fast even for not being auto or assited knifes ...

Spyderco Folding Knives | Free Shipping Over $99 | Blade HQ

Most are under 50 bucks or so ....Amazon etc

Just pick a style you like ...They are nice knfifes ..If you spend the extra money you can even get made in the USA ones ..Most of mine are as they are low run or auto knifes but either way good to go

Reactions: Phaedrus and JLla84

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Good suggestions so far, maybe we could narrow it down if give us a idea of what you are looking for, i.e. blade length, weight etc.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Reactions: Eric357 and PEF

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did a lot of research on this and although I initially got a few great kershaws/crkt/etc I found that the best knife for me was the essee Avispa in d2 steel. You can get it for under $40 and it will exceed any of the offerings in a similar price range. The only catch is it's difficult to operate when carried w/ blade tip up.if you choose to go that route you can opt for a kershaw knockout which is another amazing setup for well under $80. If you want to spend the full $80 you can opt for a spyderco native 5 with s30v steel and a tough as nails lock for that much, or even a manix 2 lightweight in cts bd1 steel. Aus8 and 8cr13mov are ok as beginner steels but as you use them more you'll find they need to be regularly sharpened. Yes, other steels may cost more but you definitely get what you pay for. If you want a quality auto knife with good steel I can sell you a kershaw launch 3 with s35vn steel for about $90

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Decided on a Columbia. didnt need anything extreme but wanted something people were familiar with to replace my cheapo....

Thanks gang

Reactions: graydude

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I know I am late to the game but smkw.com has the Spyderco Endura for $71.

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
I have a few Kershaw folders, and have had no problems with them. I don't put them through a lot of hard use generally, but they seem solidly built.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts