Defensive Carry banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,247 Posts
Now my cute bride has indicated she'll "just" let me carry "her" LCR.

She must be angling for the new gun or sumthin', probably a new Cobra. :rofl:

Regardless, @CLASS3NH is our man. :yup:

Given the time of year it is, and my back issue and eight additional horses to tend to, ain't nuthin' happening in the short run. :blink:
The Budweiser Clydesdale team wintering over at your place?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I been carrying my 38, stoked with Golden Sabers all week owb during the day and pocket at night in my jammy (sweat) pants. It has been a nice change of pace to carry such a light gun. 15.2 ounces loaded compared to the 29.1 ounce 3" Sp101 I normally carry.

The leather owb holster is a nice one, I got it at a gun show in San Antonio a few years back. The pocket holster is a Bianchi with a thumb tab.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went with the LCRx in 357. I’m not a revolver carrier. I much prefer semi auto with larger capacity, so the p365 is my EDC. But, I wanted a revolver just in case, and I originally bought it in 9mm because I’ve got a boatload of 9mm ammo. However, I hated having to use the moon clip, so I switched to the LCRx in 357. When I switched, I wanted to have the ability to use either caliber, and wanted 357 for the extra power it offers. I like being able to shoot SA at the range, when I want to. But still, I’m not a revolver guy and probably never will be.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The tiny difference in oz between the 38 and 357 is negatable. The 357 is capable of shooting both rounds and has the more robust steel frame vs the aluminum on the 38... I owned one for 8 years now. It pocket carried just fine. I even carried it in the pocket of drawstring shorts without a problem.

I don't want a hammer fired revolver for pocket carry... It takes away the option to fire from the pocket.

·
Super Moderator
18,273 Posts
rigray; I just want you to know that I recognize that you are not a "new member" at this point. I've tried to fix that, but I'm hopeless at fixing some things having to do with systems.

Neato holster you got there. Rides pleasingly high and looks good.

It's fine if it is desired to be able to shoot through a pocket, but I never felt the need to utilize this as a defensive method, wanting to get the gun out where it can be better deployed. A lot is made of this "shooting through a pocket" business, but it's not for me personally.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
rigray; I just want you to know that I recognize that you are not a "new member" at this point. I've tried to fix that, but I'm hopeless at fixing some things having to do with systems.

It's fine if it is desired to be able to shoot through a pocket, but I never felt the need to utilize this as a defensive method, wanting to get the gun out where it can be better deployed. A lot is made of this "shooting through a pocket" business, but it's not for me personally.
That's ok, at my age I would rather be called a new member than a senior member. Lol!

I'm almost at the point where I can order off the senior citizen menu at Denny's. 😯

Where did the time go?🤔

I also don't ever envision myself shooting through a pocket , as I never carry a gun in a jacket pocket. Living in south Texas, I very rarely even wear a jacket. If I lived up north where it actually got cold and had to wear a jacket, I might.

·
Registered
317 Posts

If you perceive a possible incoming threat, you'll be able to have the revolver in hand in a jacket pocket ready to get a shot off if necessary without catching a possible brandishing charge... Basically, you don't have to wait until you're already being attack to have to deploy the gun and get your first shot off. You also at least have more defensive options. If you want to and have time to deploy the gun, you can. If the situation is as such that shooting through the pocket is the best option, you can do that too.

·
Super Moderator
23,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The Budweiser Clydesdale team wintering over at your place?
:rofl:

It seems like it!

Six race horses and two mutts. Still a lot of grain, hay, water and output. :lolp:

If they were Clydesdales, I’d jut be in tears by now. :rolleyes:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts