Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an article about the advancement of computer generated technology with videos. Reaching a point that's a bit unsettling.

"Several deepfake videos have gone viral recently, giving millions around the world their first taste of this new technology: President Obama using an expletive to describe President Trump, Mark Zuckerberg admitting that Facebook's true goal is to manipulate and exploit its users, Bill Hader morphing into Al Pacino on a late-night talk show."

"In a recent report, The Brookings Institution grimly summed up the range of political and social dangers that deepfakes pose: “distorting democratic discourse; manipulating elections; eroding trust in institutions; weakening journalism; exacerbating social divisions; undermining public safety; and inflicting hard-to-repair damage on the reputation of prominent individuals, including elected officials and candidates for office.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robtoews/2020/05/25/deepfakes-are-going-to-wreak-havoc-on-society-we-are-not-prepared/?fbclid=IwAR38iYkK45M1GrTBf22unuevUmuifevCXy1VQri-p7nP1W45jbDd1Hl1G50#2c48227e7494

:aargh4:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I'm sure the media is going to be all over this kind of tool to further their fake news, along with every internet savvy despot with an agenda. While any technology can be used for good or evil, this one seems tailor made to support misinformation and propaganda. Lord help us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Photos and videos have been manipulating people for a while now. Maybe this next evolution of misleading media will be for the best. Everyone should already know to not trust what they see on a screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Fraudbama himself has warned about this technology. That tells me there is compromising video of him that'll he'll deny at some point.

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
We're just lost. When everything we see is suspect, where do we go for the truth?

All we'll be able to believe is live television...until they find a way to manipulate that too.

·
Registered
33,986 Posts
So you can only believe what you can see with your own two eyes, in person.
Kinda like those Matrix movies, false realities.
Can't even believe that. It's been shown time and time again that eye witnesses often see what they wanted to see rather than what actually happened. Eye witness accounts of the same event can vary widely.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
The zuckerberg clip may be a fake, but it's not far from the truth.

Reactions: Tstone

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
My source of truth originated 2000 years ago, and 200 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts