Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last thing a rapist wants to see is the first thing you can't wait to show him.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,179 Posts
I would tell you what that looks like, but I enjoy my membership on this forum.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I'm violating one of the rules, I possibly and likely misunderstood. If that's the case, someone please let me know so I can remove it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
A gun anywhere a girl carries it is the best defense, so long as she knows how to use it. I made a thigh holster so I can carry in a dress, I hated having to choose between my firearm and my wardrobe. It was this lady's video awhile back that convinced me to go ahead and try out a thigh holster, they seemed impractical and something of the movies but IMO its a great alternate method of carry.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Mike's remark notwithstanding, and keeping in mind that I'm scheduled for eye surgery in mid-April,
it looks like a perfectly respectable thigh holster, well positioned to make access and retention difficult
for the defender.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's just not right. Not to mention copyright infringement of Falia Leigh's video.
Whoa, whoa, wait! What did I do wrong? I didn't mean to.

Admin or mod: please close this thread ASAP as I am afraid its going in a direction I did not intend.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
I'd rather my wife use a thigh holster than be unarmed!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think everyone is just having some fun Dave. I know my wife and I have talked about her using a thigh holster when she wears a dress when she starts carrying. She's still waiting on her CHL. The thigh holster is a perfectly good option for women. Better than being unarmed.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh. Whew. I thought I put something offensive up there.

Actually, I never looked at the photo "in that light" until just now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
A gun anywhere a girl carries it is the best defense, so long as she knows how to use it. I made a thigh holster so I can carry in a dress, I hated having to choose between my firearm and my wardrobe. It was this lady's video awhile back that convinced me to go ahead and try out a thigh holster, they seemed impractical and something of the movies but IMO its a great alternate method of carry.
I've told a number of the women I work with that a gun is the great equalizer when it comes to self-defense. Lish, if this is too personal a question, I'm sorry and please don't respond. That said, when I saw that photo and you stated you made a similar holster and carried that way, I wondered if you had a problem banging the grip of the gun on your other leg when walking. Can't imagine that would feel to great.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've told a number of the women I work with that a gun is the great equalizer when it comes to self-defense. Lish, if this is too personal a question, I'm sorry and please don't respond. That said, when I saw that photo and you stated you made a similar holster and carried that way, I wondered if you had a problem banging the grip of the gun on your other leg when walking. Can't imagine that would feel to great.
No worries, doesn't bother me to answer - I've only carried my Shield on my thigh as its slim. I have an XDsc but only carry that IWB. The handle of the gun points backwards, the grip can rub a little depending on how you move but I haven't have any problems with it bothering my other leg. It's actually more comfortable than the flashbang, that one can uh pinch, although I still use it A LOT. The biggest problem I've had with the thigh holster is slippage, which once I modify my garter with alligator clips I think that will solve that problem. Well that and accidentally showing it while driving down the highway when the wind blew my skirt around in the convertible was another problem. :embarrassed:

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Mike's remark notwithstanding, and keeping in mind that I'm scheduled for eye surgery in mid-April,
it looks like a perfectly respectable thigh holster, well positioned to make access and retention difficult for the defender.
Hop - sorry to hear of your need for eye surgery. I hope all goes well.

Given that the defender in a SD situation is the person with, in this case, the thigh holster, how is it well positioned if she has a hard time accessing or retaining it?

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
I hope everyone understands that the owner of the photo is a member here and should be respectful.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.