Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry on a day to day basis with my g23. I also have a .38 that stays in the house ready if I need it. I'd like to get some feedback on what caliber everyone carries and likes

·
Registered
936 Posts
G23 on my side as we blog, but I also carry .380, 9mm, and 45acp depends on situation and clothing

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
You question is the equivalent of asking "what is your favorite color". It has been asked thousands of times before but usually as a poll so that everyone can see the results or else it is kind of useless unless we go through every post an tally the votes ourselves. No one but someone seeking validation of their own choices would make the effort. Perhaps you can resubmit this as a poll.

·
Premium Member
37,579 Posts
You question is the equivalent of asking "what is your favorite color". It has been asked thousands of times before but usually as a poll so that everyone can see the results or else it is kind of useless unless we go through every post an tally the votes ourselves. No one but someone seeking validation of their own choices would make the effort. Perhaps you can resubmit this as a poll.
Arrival blue metallic on my Silverado, but ruby red on an F-150.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
45 vs full power 10mm ~ =
45 > 40 > 9mm > 380
9mm is what most consider an acceptable minimum for SD
I prefer larger bullets: 45 or 40
If using smaller bullets strive for 400#+ KE (357 Sig)
Various Glocks and full size MIM free 1911's for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I prefer a 40, 45 is good too but i prefer the 40. I carrya 38 alot, i know itl work if i do my job

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Carry .45 acp or .357 mag, my thought is if you have to pull the trigger someday, I don't want to make the BG mad, I want to put him on the floor for good.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
If someone's trying to do me harm, anything that puts a hole in 'em is all right by me. Most often a .38 +P, honestly I'm not crazy about the ballistics, but it's hard to argue with history.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
I carry either 9mm or .45 on a regular basis. I do on occasion carry .38 or a .380. I also like .40, but am no longer able to shoot it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
My preference leans toward the 45acp due in large part to my using it as a cop and while in the Army. I also will carry a 9mm as the occasion calls for it, since the advances in ammunition have increased its capabilities beyond what it use to be able to do.

Reactions: 9MMare
1 - 20 of 31 Posts