Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprisingly, I don't see too much discussion on this subject even though I imagine that the majority of us here have a gun partly or mainly for defensive purposes.

So, I tried to fill the gap a bit with an article I wrote on the subject. Marshall at Mouseguns.Com New Index agreed to kindly host it on his excellent site.

http://www.mouseguns.com/Defensive (Combat) Accuracy.pdf

I know it would probably be better if it was just pasted in right here, but it contains a number of graphics that wouldn't work out too well here.

Hope it helps...
Bobo

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice read! Just skimmed over it for now but its seems real logical and practical. Pictures are always nice for those of us who hate reading pages full of words. Thanks for sharing.:hand10:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Bob,

This is an excellent compendium of information!

With credit to you I am going to bump this around to two other gunfu sites where I am moderator.
Additionally I am going to forward it to some civilian specific instructors I know and a few students of my own.

Along the same subject matter I posted a similar compendium that I myself had put together as featured at this thread; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/1301917-post2.html

- Janq

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I liked the article and such.

I did kind of get a kick out of Figure 5 & 6 where they point out poor selection or placement yet the intended target area was hit LOL, excuse me, but if my bullets find marks like those, I'm freakin happy as all get out.:smile:

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Guardian,

Problem with fig 5. 'accuracy' though is that two rounds go errant and past the target into an unknown background ("too fast").
At fig. 6 two to possibly three rounds (cheek)go errant and past or through thin areas of the target into an unknown background ("poor accuracy").

Yes the target is hit in the end by volume but what if those two or three errant shots were your first and last shots fired?
The shooter then has a serious problem and the target is not stopped. :|

- Janq

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob,

This is an excellent compendium of information!

With credit to you I am going to bump this around to two other gunfu sites where I am moderator.
Additionally I am going to forward it to some civilian specific instructors I know and a few students of my own.

Along the same subject matter I posted a similar compendium that I myself had put together as featured at this thread; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/1301917-post2.html

- Janq
Thanks for the link. Your stuff is always good Janq!

If you think the article is helpful please spread it around. The more people it can help the better!

Bobo

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Guardian,

Problem with fig 5. 'accuracy' though is that two rounds go errant and past the target into an unknown background ("too fast").
At fig. 6 two to possibly three rounds (cheek)go errant and past or through thin areas of the target into an unknown background ("poor accuracy").

Yes the target is hit in the end by volume but what if those two or three errant shots were your first and last shots fired?
The shooter then has a serious problem and the target is not stopped. :|

- Janq
Oh I know Jang, I'm just making light of it. Not to take myself to serious all the time anymore, did that for 20 years. I figure from the point if I have to take that many shots, my life is in serious danger and their placement and the back settings would seriously take 2nd place to survival (though I would pray and try and ensure that my background is clear of innocent folks, but then, we can never really be sure, so it's all a matter of hoping and praying.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Great read and plenty of good info. Nicely done. :hand10:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love your article though I just skimmed it for now and saved it on my desktop for later sinking in when I have more time...thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts