Defensive Carry banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

Premium Member
I live on a 1.5 Acre Lot with my House on the center of it. There is Woods behind me, and a another house directly across the road. Although I own several M14 type semi Rifles and a few semi AKs, and Ar15s, I would not consider a Rifle. If some AH Kicks in a door, or tries to come through a Window, and Brutus, my Professionally trained German Shepard can't handle the situation, I have my Remington 870 20" BBL Loaded with 2 3/4" OO buck to back up my fully loaded CZ75, and Mrs Nipper has her 686 357. As Mr T would say "I Pity the Poor Fool".

Super Moderator
Favorite pair out of the thread. So much gunfighting class between the two, they should be considered royalty.
As should Bryan. 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
I live on a 1.5 Acre Lot with my House on the center of it. There is Woods behind me, and a another house directly across the road. Although I own several M14 type semi Rifles and a few semi AKs, and Ar15s, I would not consider a Rifle.
All true, but you have home field advantage in that fight.

Everyone of us should know our clear lanes of fire; many times it鈥檚 as easy an going to a knee.
I want the most effective weapon to stop the fight ASAP, especially if my safe space has been breached.

As always, I do me, that may not work for others. I work extremely hard to give the best fight I can muster to someone who would harm me.

Registered
I am out in the country, with a 5-acre lot. For long gun, the first I would grab is a Beretta 1301T social shotgun with 7 rounds in the mag and 6 more in the sidesaddle. Stock sights, plus a sling. If it gets more than about 40 yards, then I have a S&W M&P-15 with 30 round mags, .223 hollowpoints, and a 3-12x scope plus iron sights. Both backed up by a Glock 22 just in case. Fortunately, it's a quiet neighborhood.

Registered
Discussion Starter #66
I am out in the country, with a 5-acre lot. For long gun, the first I would grab is a Beretta 1301T social shotgun with 7 rounds in the mag and 6 more in the sidesaddle. Stock sights, plus a sling. If it gets more than about 40 yards, then I have a S&W M&P-15 with 30 round mags, .223 hollowpoints, and a 3-12x scope plus iron sights. Both backed up by a Glock 22 just in case. Fortunately, it's a quiet neighborhood.
Those 1301鈥檚 are the bees knees. I spent some time with Tim Chandler last weekend and he kept singing their praises trying to get me to spend my money.

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #68

Premium Member
Shotguns:
590 Mariner with 14 rounds in/on the gun. RIA VR80, with the 20rd drum of 00 = EXTREME crowd control.

Rifles:
Suppressed M-forgery. Optic is normally an Eotech 512 with a 3X magnifier. For longer distance I can mount the Bushnell 3-9x40. Magpul MS2 sling. Always has a 20rd mag of 60gr Ballistic tips in it.
If I need to go heavier, there's a suppressed AR10 or Rem 700.

Registered
My self offense long gun and the backup.

43DC4E1E-6EBD-4D68-BFF3-7C4D42BA7314.jpeg

Registered
M1A Scout Squad with 20 round mag. Specter Gear 3 point sling with a 20 round mag carrier on the stock. A 2-7 scope that is going in the ditch if 鈥渢hings鈥 get serious. It鈥檚 a heavy set up, but so am I.

Never have cared much for an AR.. I can鈥檛 seem to keep them.

Todd

Registered
92-3.jpg

While working at home during the quarantine, I like to keep this handy little lever action nearby. It's a Rossi 92 in 357 magnum with 16 inch barrel, a red dot, and VERY sophisticated prototype light mount (ha ha ha). It's short, light, handy, powerful, and unobtrusive. Hitting 3 inch dots at 25 yards while standing is quick and easy. I've shared this photo before, but hope you guys don't mind if I share it again.

Registered
I have an Aero Precision mid-length 16.5" carbine with a Holosun HE510C-GR coupled with the Holosun 3x flip-to-side magnifier and a Streamlight Pro Tac Rail Mount 1 for those "bump in the night" situations.

This is my first mid-length AR15 and have been happy with it so far.

Reactions: justahunter
61 - 74 of 74 Posts