Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching something on the discovery channel and I saw a commercial for The institute for human continuity. Their website is The IHC: The Institute for Human Continuity Basically they are having a lottery that is supposed to pick and choose who will be saved in 2012 if indeed the disasters that are predicted occur. I think they are trying to promote the movie entitled 2012, but it is still something to think about. If something does happen in 2012, are you guys prepared to have to live without all the common luxuries we have become accustomed to? Obviously if something happened it would create a scenario in which you would probably have to protect yourself from looters and just general lawlessness. Basically I thought this website was interesting and I wanted to see what kind of conversation it would create with respect to a defensive scenario. I look forward to your thoughts on this topic.

·
Registered
371 Posts
2012 is something to consider
I dont think much will happen but
always a great time to stock up on food, water,
ammo and such.

·
Banned
116 Posts
Preparing for TEOTWAKI (The End of the World as We Know It) is really a topic for another message board, there are very many of them.

Its a hobby unto itself, and you can always go further with another "what if".

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts

Nothing is impossible but this is pretty absurd. I have seen the TV ads but would be leery of it.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Sorry guys I'm a little in the dark here. What's supposed to happen in 2012?

Except we elect a new president.

·
Registered
371 Posts
end of the world or end of technology
some believe the planets aligning in 2012 will
cause a global epidemic. The Mayan calender ends
in 2012 some believe it is because after that there is
no earth. The Mayans were experts on keeping time and
the predictions of astrological occurences too

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
end of the world or end of technology
some believe the planets aligning in 2012 will
cause a global epidemic. The Mayan calender ends
in 2012 some believe it is because after that there is
no earth. The Mayans were experts on keeping time and
the predictions of astrological occurences too
Thanks, I hope this falls under my Emergency Preparedness Plan (EMP):aargh4:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Thanks, I hope this falls under my Emergency Preparedness Plan (EMP)
Hey, I like those initials. Maybe I can use them somehow.

:yawn: Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn. Said the same thing for Y2K. We are still here. No one knows the day or the hour.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Of course their are many predictions about 2012
and many say nothing will happen. Maybe another
Y2K thing? But even some at Nasa have said they are
not sure what will happen. There are tons of books and
internet sites on 2012 so if it interests anyone do some
research but hope ya gotta alotta time on your hands

·
Registered
713 Posts
my thoughts on this, if something does happen, we are all screwed! I watch shows all the time about the end of the world, The Colony on Discovery, etc. I even played the video game Fallout 3!

All that aside, the world would fall into chaos and those who have the basic necessities will survive. Food, water, guns and bullets. Its the Golden rule that says "He who has the gold, makes the rules." Well, after the "End" the Golden Rule will change into the Gun Rule: He who has the guns, makes the rules. I for one plan on having my guns!!

Now, I dont even subscribe to the whole END OF THE WORLD in 2012 crap. The Mayans didnt make a calendar that far ahead only because they probably couldnt count that high. I donno why, what is our fascination with it anyway? I am not being a hypocrite or anything cause I am to blame too. I dont believe its going to happen, but I still find myself intrigued by it. No matter what we do, it will happen one day, maybe in 2012, maybe in 20012. Who knows?

·
Registered
371 Posts
As far as an emergency plan for a global
situation like this (if anything happens) best
to have a discrete shelter hidden in the middle of nowhere or
underground and let the rest fight it out for what they want or
need.

·
Registered
855 Posts
LOL-- when the Zombies come a callin remember to save the last bullet for yourself!!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
20012 Will I live that long if I keep wearing my tin foil hat and taking my Centrum vitamins?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just in case, I've ordered my engraved tinfoil hats in the large assortment, so my friends are covered too. :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just in case, I've ordered my engraved tinfoil hats in the large assortment, so my friends are covered too. :)
Where did you order them from I can't seem to find a good tinfoil hat and it seems I might need one.

·
Registered
983 Posts
This is the first I've heard of something drastic happening in 2012. Maybe I need to get out more.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Look at the bottom of their web site and you will see SONY pictures. Its a gimmick to promote a movie....I got snagged by it to.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look at the bottom of their web site and you will see SONY pictures. Its a gimmick to promote a movie....I got snagged by it to.
I said that it was promoting the movie 2012, and I don't really buy into the world is ending thing, I just wanted to know what you guys would have to say, and as I expected there are strong feeling as this is the second time the world is supposed to end in MY life time and im only 22(the first of course was Y2k). Just thought it would be something to think about, but on the other hand I do think the movie is going to be something I will see, I saw a preview for it and it looks like it would be pretty good.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'm of the opinion that there isn't anything that would occur in 2012 that hasn't already occurred. Thus, if you're preparing for what's likely or moderately possible, you're doing just fine. And, if that's any indication, that won't be nearly enough. No different than at any other time.

Unless, that is, you have built a bunker, have it stocked for a year, can withdraw from all elements of society that are a grave threat, etc.

Me: I've got a bit of food and water, clothing and arms. Let 'em come. I'm not running anywhere.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts