Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last month I was fortunate to find at an estate sale a brand new, still in the bag LSP-IP made by Matt Del Fatti. The LSP-IP is a premier IWB holster in black with Matt's familiar brand burned in it. Now that I have been wearing it I have to say it is one of the most comfortable and concealable IWBs I have ever had the pleasure to wear and I have quite a few. My 1911 just disappears in this rig and after 12 to 16 hours of wear I have to check to see if my gun is still there. Thats how comfortable this rig is and I can see why people wait upwards to a year or over for his leather as he completely customizes the rig to you. If I told you what I paid for this you would be sick but lets just say that someone had no idea what it was and leave it at that. The pic is off of Matt's site, but mine looks just like it.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/torrejon224/30.jpg

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Wow! Nice find great job!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Great find... if you ordered one you'd wait a year to get it!

Matt makes a great holster!

Here's one of mine:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very nice.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Can we say - bit sneaky LOL!

Nice find indeed.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Some people have all the luck. And I the guy that comes along just missing things like this. Nice find, glad you like it. It looks to be a really well designed holster.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I said I wouldn't tell how much I paid but how does Fifeteen bucks sound! Like I said they had no idea what they had nor did they even know what it was for and to think that Matt is working on orders from Dec 2004 right now! Think I'll be going to more estate sales!!

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
Matt makes a VERY nice holster...to be sure.
Another true leather artist.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
torrejon224 said:
I said I wouldn't tell how much I paid but how does Fifeteen bucks sound! Like I said they had no idea what they had nor did they even know what it was for and to think that Matt is working on orders from Dec 2004 right now! Think I'll be going to more estate sales!!
Oh sure. Rub it in!

·
Registered
172 Posts
torrejon224 said:
Last month I was fortunate to find at an estate sale a brand new, still in the bag LSP-IP made by Matt Del Fatti. The LSP-IP is a premier IWB holster in black with Matt's familiar brand burned in it. Now that I have been wearing it I have to say it is one of the most comfortable and concealable IWBs I have ever had the pleasure to wear and I have quite a few. My 1911 just disappears in this rig and after 12 to 16 hours of wear I have to check to see if my gun is still there. Thats how comfortable this rig is and I can see why people wait upwards to a year or over for his leather as he completely customizes the rig to you. If I told you what I paid for this you would be sick but lets just say that someone had no idea what it was and leave it at that. The pic is off of Matt's site, but mine looks just like it.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/torrejon224/30.jpg
Congratulations on the great price! I'm sure glad you like it but I also hate the thought of loosing a customer. Can you give me a last name on the estate sale?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wow..........very good find. Enjoy it, Matt makes some of the best leather you can find.
Shoot well....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt Del Fatti said:
Congratulations on the great price! I'm sure glad you like it but I also hate the thought of loosing a customer. Can you give me a last name on the estate sale?
Matt, Unfortunately, I bought it from a dealer who conducts the sale, they will not release the name due to privacy issues as I asked. All I know is that at the time of his death that he resided in Eugene, Oregon and that part of the estate was a large amount of gunleather. BTW, you may have lost him as a customer but you gained me and I will be in contact with you shortly to discuss a build for me. Your leatherwork is absolutely amazing. I feel bad to have profited in such a way but so goes life, sometimes we just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AnimalKracker said:
Ah, would you like to double your money. :rofl:
AnimalKraker, Sorry but I would not take ten times what I paid for it at this time. This is like a Rembrandt in leather!

Gary, your works not too shabby either!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Somebody say Del Fatti?

Here's mine, crappy picture but you get the idea.

Ti

·
Registered
172 Posts
torrejon224
Well you sure shouldn't feel bad about the great price. Just give us a holler whenever you want to talk about the new project!

Eric:
Thank you! BTW, were you able to change your customer's mind about the snapped loop?

Gary:
Thank you! Now get back to work! There's people awaitin' on your holsters :image035:.

TiCarry:
I see the black is wearing off the snaps but otherwise it looks like it's holding up pretty well!

Thank you

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Matt,

Yes sir, she is a great holster and I am lucky enough to have several that I am able to switch off with depending on what I am doing and how I want to carry for the day so that helps in keeping the condition up.

The day I noticed the wear on the snaps was the day you would have thought I lost my puppy or something. :rofl:

I get a lot of complements on that holster, being an OWB and easy to see people are asking what holster is that? I'm like, that's my Del Fatti! some get it, some don't. The ones that do get it are loven it as much as I do. :yup:

Come around more often Matt.

Ti.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts