Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got back from the local gun shop which i have bought quite a few firearms before and the owner who i know pretty well says theres a delay in the purchase of a new glock. So i start to wonder??? Well im a deputy in the county here and have no earthly idea why there would be a delay, since only a few months ago i bought my usp c there with no problem, any insight on this situation? it has me boggled right now

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Electronic background check? Maybe a hitch in the giddyup.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'd say it's just that the system is a bit backlogged and/or overwhelmed right now, nothing to worry about. Every time I go to my local range/gunshop I'm amazed at how busy they are selling guns and how packed the range is. Everyone is buying guns right now! Even people I work with who I would never think of as gun owners are approaching me about how to go about buying a gun.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
One good thing about Tx is that a CHL circumvents a background check on firearm purchases,you just show your CHL he writes down the number and your outta there wit your new baby

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem solved, he told me theyve been having problems with people using fake SSN's, so i took my ccdw down there and we proceeded, i forgot tp tell him i had one and he forgot to ask, no problem, now have a new g23 at home.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I don't put my SS# on the 4473.

It's never been a problem.

Biker

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't like to put my SSN on the 4473 either, but I was told by a NCIS Investigator a few years ago that if someone has a security clearance (I do), then it's better to put the SSN on the 4473 "just in case"....I guess someone had something happen on a NICS check and/or security clearance review that caught a snag from a 4473 with no SSN??:confused:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The SSN# is the best way to positively separate your identification/name from that of someone else with the same name you have. Since the NICS check is a nationwide search database, it is very likely there are others with the same name as you and some may be felons.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I had a delay on buying a firearm earlier this week. Never had one before, even several times during the last 6 months when I think firearm sales were busier than now.

The dealer who sold me this gun said about half the ones he's been calling in lately have been delayed.

I remember the Clinton years when he put the screws to FFL's being held by one-man shops: yanked a bunch of their FFL's, raised the price on those who were left.

Call me a conspiracy nut if you want, but I wouldn't put it past the almighty jackasses in power now to try to harass gun owners anyway they can.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I had a delay on buying a firearm earlier this week. Never had one before, even several times during the last 6 months when I think firearm sales were busier than now.

The dealer who sold me this gun said about half the ones he's been calling in lately have been delayed.

I remember the Clinton years when he put the screws to FFL's being held by one-man shops: yanked a bunch of their FFL's, raised the price on those who were left.

Call me a conspiracy nut if you want, but I wouldn't put it past the almighty jackasses in power now to try to harass gun owners anyway they can.
That is odd. We have had no delays whatsoever lately, except for one, and I know why he had a delay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts