Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Crush it. There shouldn’t be a system. Unconstitutional.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I'm glad that my carry license eliminates the NICS check on my purchases. It's bad enough having to do a 4473 on each one.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Must be all the new liberal gun owners - hope they like the gun control laws they shoved up . . . well, whatever, sure looks like guns are more popular than ever.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
One of my friends bought a new gun a few weeks ago and there was a 20 minute delay before the store could get through to get her approved. I got one 10 days ago and the approval was instant. Then 3 days ago another friend and I picked up a couple new .22's and no delay in the approval process. We are not seeing the publicized long term delays in our area. Does this vary by states, perhaps?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sadly, though many of the liberal teachers that I work with are buying guns because they have suddenly become aware of what I have been preaching to them for years, they also still want to vote Democrat, and when I tell them that the democrats plan is to take away their firearms and take away the 2nd Amendment, they still rant that the just want that "weapon of war" off the streets. They cannot seem to process the idea that no, the democrats want them ALL! (I then show them a picture of military units from WWI and WWII using bolt action rifles and revolvers and remind them that those are and or were, "weapons of war." Not sure if their liberal brains can process that though.)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Not sure if their liberal brains can process that though)
A minuscule number of them will be able to understand TRUTH. Unfortunately, most are so totally brainwashed that double think has become their standard and nothing can get through to them. I know quite a few of them.

Keep trying, though.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
The lib's buying guns still want the burden of gun laws for the greater good.
I bet they are not complaining too much about the checks and wait times.
They probably view it as a good check and balance.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,383 Posts
One of my friends bought a new gun a few weeks ago and there was a 20 minute delay before the store could get through to get her approved. I got one 10 days ago and the approval was instant. Then 3 days ago another friend and I picked up a couple new .22's and no delay in the approval process. We are not seeing the publicized long term delays in our area. Does this vary by states, perhaps?
It varies by state. It can also vary by a person's name. It can vary by whether the person puts their social security number on the form.

In Oregon, the State Police do the background check and it costs $10.00. The State Police clerks are working from home due to Covid-19. Recently the queue has gone over 5,000 waiting for approval. The gun store tells them to go home and they will call them when it comes through which may be several days.

If you have an Oregon Concealed Handgun License, you go to the top of the queue. You can see people moving up the queue and then back down when OCHL holders go in front of them.

If you have a name close to another person with a police record, they research it before approval. Including your social security number can speed up the research.

I am a frequent flier, have an OCHL, have an unusual name, and I include my social security number. When the gun store clerk hits enter on the computer, it comes back approved instantly and I walk out with the gun.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
In Tennessee we have our own instant criminal background check system (TICS). As I understand it, the TBI responds to background checks and has direct access to the FBI data base that doesn't require the FBI to manually run a check. I've only encountered one delay with TICS, and that was last year when the system was down briefly for maintenance. TICS/Firearm Background Checks

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
In Tennessee we have our own instant criminal background check system (TICS). As I understand it, the TBI responds to background checks and has direct access to the FBI data base that doesn't require the FBI to manually run a check. I've only encountered one delay with TICS, and that was last year when the system was down briefly for maintenance. TICS/Firearm Background Checks
My friend's 20 minute delay a few weeks ago was unusual for TN. It was not her first gun purchase. Even more unusual was our 45 minute wait (over 10 years ago) when hubby bought a gun on Thanksgiving weekend! All the phone lines were busy, busy, busy. It seems that people were doing a lot of Christmas shopping at gun stores on Thanksgiving weekend that year - not just the Black Friday 'Walmart pileup' of shoppers!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
NH Handgun NICS is 24-48 hrs now.. Some are even longer I've been Delayed a couple times now, even though I've never been Delayed.. Takes 24 Hours for me... Maine Long Gun NICS goes right thru for me.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I did not read the article, but will say that I have as of yesterday, never waited more than 5-minutes to get approval.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts