Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I hate it when politicians propose new gun legislation.

I don't care what their party affiliation is.

All of us know how biased the media is and I REALLY detest it when they report that "the majority of people want more gun control".

·
Registered
287 Posts
Since this is clearly labeled an "opinion" piece, it doesn't bother me. It's the folks who sit at an anchor desk "reporting" the news who stray into opinion that I object too. A little objectivity in news reporting would be refreshing. But I feel your pain. :smile:

·
Banned
429 Posts
Seems to me the op ed (which was done by a guy who worked for the R party in past) was more D bashing then anything.
However I disagree with his statement about the media NOT reporting the fact the Ds blocked the two R sponsored bills.
That fact was stated on the coverage I saw.

We All know all the BS proposals will amount to about the same as all of us peeing on the fires in CA.

I Live For Myself and I Answer to No One.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
It's all political posturing. Democrats weren't trying to pass gun control, they knew it was impossible; they did it to generate talking points for campaigning. Republicans introduced their own bills to deflect that, which would have defeated the Democrat's purpose if they'd passed, so Dems voted against them. None of these proposals had a chance.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
This is the sad reality of why I so totally dislike our "media" ....

Dems vs Republicans on voted down gun bills
Your dislike in this case is misplaced. You read about this BECAUSE of the media.
Where your disgust should be directed is at the Democrats who pulled this "election issue" stunt. They are the ones playing partisan politics with innocent people's lives, not the media.

Granted,a lot of people in the press, indeed a majority, likely vote Democrat when they vote. I got that.
But thanks to someone in the "media" you read about this. Give that some thought.

I'm a card-carrying member of the 4th estate. The only reason I didn't write about this is because Clark beat me to it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The media has never had to deal with a competent charismatic Republican since Reagan. And until we get our collective selves sorted out they won't. We, Firearms owners and believers of the Constitution and it's amendments, Need to
1. Get out of the bedrooms.
2. Get out of the Doctor's offices.
3. Stop worrying about offending people and if you find someone is inciting violence, Visit it upon him.
4. Get to a Strict financial policy within our country.
5. Get the Heck out of other people's wars. And if you have a refugee problem, you deal with it. This goes for Europe. The Brits did this as part of the reason for the Exit.

We get another Candidate that can and will espouse those rules without tripping over his feet, and who will hammer it home, and the Media will have to either conform
or worry about the loss of ratings.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Ahhh, the media OP is not what you think they are.

How do I know? I am a (Paid) photo journalist, so that should qualify me as a professional in the media.

I rub elbows or have contact with most of the major players on a almost daily basis.
Just recently returned from DC for the gun measures that were voted down; if you could hear the anchors, field reporters,
news directors talk with a drink in their hand, you might be tempted to violence.

Boiled down:

1) They (the media) relish in being called the 4th estate. Now, they assume that power with drunken glee.

2) "If it bleeds, it leads"

3) Television sponsors care about one thing and one thing only; MONEY!
3a) To GET the money, networks need viewers, lots of them. The more viewers, the more a sponsor will pay.

4) The truth is a casualty (often DOA) when it competes with money and power.

5) The news media outlets care about one thing, MONEY!

For this reason; ALL my imagery, weather it goes thru agency acquisition (Getty, Corbis etc...) or direct licensing; I maintain
full creative control with final approval in its "end use".

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
As the author states, it does show that Democrats don't really want "something" done, they want a show and theatrics that the American people are buying into.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your dislike in this case is misplaced. You read about this BECAUSE of the media.
Where your disgust should be directed is at the Democrats who pulled this "election issue" stunt. They are the ones playing partisan politics with innocent people's lives, not the media.

Granted,a lot of people in the press, indeed a majority, likely vote Democrat when they vote. I got that.
But thanks to someone in the "media" you read about this. Give that some thought.

I'm a card-carrying member of the 4th estate. The only reason I didn't write about this is because Clark beat me to it.
Yes my disgust should be aimed at the Democratic Party, but that does not let the media off the hook and does not relieve my anger towards the media.

I believe the media is dangerous in it's current state. Loaded language and biased stories are only the tip of the iceberg; driving policy and turning an electorate in any direction other than what the individual voter can discern as the truth should be considered almost criminal. Candidly I believe the media has denied the rest of us the right to a free press: by the irresponsible misuse of the freedom of the press and the freedom of speech too many people get guided into dark holes with no place out and thus drag the uninformed down the rabbit hole with them. Once the train of public opinion leaves the station the momentum is crushing, and I believe it even crushes the free will / freedom of thought of the individuals it takes with it.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
No more gun bills period. . Lets just start enforcing the ones all ready passed. Also no more government fast and furious programs .
Stillwaiting to see some ATF people in jail over all those Killings.

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
What I want to know is why the media completely ignores a larger issue? A more serious issue. One that kills many people every year. I'm talking about politician control. Yep, I said it. It's high time to legislatively ban idiotic mud earring politicians, regardless of political affiliation.

Propose gun legislation, it's an automatic admission of guilt requiring an affirmative defense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts