Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made a discovery which, for me at least has solved a years-long dilemma. I have always carried IWB, which has necessitated size-larger trousers. The problem I have experienced with them is that when I go size-larger, they fit differently elsewhere. I normally wear 32/30 jeans. When I go size larger to 34/30, it changes the fit drastically, to the point of not fitting, through the seat. My only remedy until now has been to buy 34/32's, and have the cuffs shortened. I also have belt loops moved to accommodate my holster. Even at that, the fit overall is a bit loose.

I picked up a pair of stretch-waist 32/30 Wranglers a few days ago, and they fit perfectly, with or without a gun on. The holster rides exactly where I want it without moving belt loops. I'm going to buy several more pair and replace my current jeans inventory completely.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Completely agree. The comfort fit jeans are awesome. They don't bind up and I can easily go from a G21 IWB to nothing and dont feel like my pants are two sizes too big. Can't recommend them enough. Had the wife buy me a couple pairs for Christmas and they're my new favorite pants now.

·
Super Moderator
17,990 Posts
I have worn the Wrangler Relaxed fit jeans for many years and I do not need to changes sizes to accommodate a holster plus they are more comfortable than the Boot fit I used to wear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wear the same size as you, 32X30. It's hard enough to find that that size (everything is freaking 32X32!), let along finding one that's comfortable with the holster. Gives me something to check out!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I posted same thing in another post today :D
I was so happy when I tried my first pair that I bough all 4 they had in the store.
Such higher comfort level and I'm not even talking about the holster. You can eat and eat and eat :danceban:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
32x32 here. I have given up on jeans in the last year in favor of Duluth pants of various types. I haven't tried their jeans, but the firehose flex really work well for me.
A little stretch in the waist is a wonderful thing.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
862 Posts
Mike, are these pants made out blue denim like "regular" blue jeans? I looked on the Wrangler website and they show a pant called flexible waistband. They don't come in "blue jean blue" and it appears they are not made with denim fabric.

I am very interested but I'm having trouble finding exactly what you are referring to. Sounds like a great idea.

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
862 Posts
Mike, thanks a lot for the Walmart link. I'll go shopping this weekend!

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, thanks a lot for the Walmart link. I'll go shopping this weekend!
My local WalMart didn't have my size in stock, so I bought them at Meijer.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I just ordered some 'Ballroom Jeans" from Duluth Trading. Normally I'm a cheapskate/Wal-Mart pants kind of guy; the Duluth pants are $50-$60 each, kind of steep for me. Funny, I'll spend $100 on a gun belt or $300 on a holster but I balk at $35 for pants!:redface: At any rate the reviews are great, they seem to be cut roomy and with a special crotch gusset to make them more comfy when you move and crouch. Some of the videos from customers (unsolicited) on youtube are pretty impressive. I had a coupon so I figured I'd try them. Back in the day when Levi's 501's were made in America a pair would last me for a decade, and I would still wear them once they got holey in the knees. Nowadays they're all made "overseas" and construction isn't worth a crap. They don't seem to have the same kind of button fly, either. The Duluth pants are spendy (to me) but if they last they'll be well worth it).

As an FYI another thing that sold them to me was that they have 13" deep pockets! A big pet peave of mine is pants with pockets that aren't roomy enough for a phone or a flashlight.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Nice! I like Wranglers. Now you just need to wear four layers for defense vs hollowpoints.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
stretch jeans used to cost 100-150 now they are 16 bucks at costco. i'll never buy anything but stretch jeans ever again. so comfortable and forgiving.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I gave up a long time ago trying to be a slave to fashion. I prefer jeans that fit, especially in the crotch. If they are a little long, they become work pants. If I find ones that are just right, I save them for occasions where I don't want to look like a slob. If I find my correct size, I will buy 4-5 pair while they are available. My waist size usually increases about 1" in the winter when I am less active so I tend to have a stack of several different waist sizes. I will sometimes buy the Wrangler brand but have found the Rustler brand from Walmart to fit me better in the same size as Wrangler. I will usually buy Regular or Boot cut due to being normally slim. I buy heavy or normal weight denim and usually get about 1 or 2 years of wear before the knees split. Those become painting and grease the tractor pants.

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
My order from Duluth came in today and I am pretty impressed. The sizing is spot on, a rarity in stuff today. The cut is very comfortable and the crotch gusset works as advertised. I really love the pockets- they're super deep and made of firehose fabric. Time will tell how they hold up but they appear to be made extraordinarily well. So far they seem to be great jeans.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would like to get hold of those who "design" jeans. For years I have worn Lee jeans with a 42 waist, and they fit very well. But when you go to a 44 waist, they must think that extra 2 inches on the waist, the man grew a gigantic set of balls, as well as his butt. The crotch hangs clear down to the knees. Bought 3 pair at Penny's and had the legs cut down to my size, now too late to send back, and tell them what I really think.
I will check out the Wranglers. When it comes to jeans, I'm pretty critical on how the fit.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Wrangler comfort solutions. They make jeans and work pants to. I have the pleated khakis on now at work and use the jeans on the weekend.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts