Defensive Carry banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Agreed on all points. Much better to rebuke and repudiate false claims with facts rather than with idiotic references to lane changes.
Agreed. Firearms owners need to become more aware of these gross distortions and outright lies, and be knowledgeable enough to repudiate them. Additionally, organizations such as the NRA should be doing a better job of educating everyone on the facts and providing factual information discrediting the lies and distortions.

·
Premium Member
33,772 Posts
Agreed. Firearms owners need to become more aware of these gross distortions and outright lies, and be knowledgeable enough to repudiate them. Additionally, organizations such as the NRA should be doing a better job of educating everyone on the facts and providing factual information discrediting the lies and distortions.
A million likes right there.

Reactions: dangerranger

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
One problem that we face is a lot of firearm owners dont know any better either, so they go regurgitate this information, because their firearms knowledge ends at knowing their .270 will drop a deer. The knowledge and experience on this forum is not an accurate representation of all, or even most gun owners.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Deliberately obtuse when speaking on behalf of millions of members?
How much more agitated would some of you be had they been simple and direct? (Like I wrote) It seems to me they are darned if they do and darned if they don't. Maybe all of us should just encourage those who would ultimately want to do away with the 2nd Amendment to just go ahead and offer the legislation and we'll go along with it?

What makes the AMA a sacred cow that no one may comment on their political posturing - which they have been doing for years? Is anyone actually naive enough to think you're going to win over some of the gun-grabbers by being super nice to them while they, almost to a man, trash talk anyone who owns a gun as a potential murderer? If any of you have some good examples of winning the hearts and minds that seems to be changing the direction we're headed, I'm all ears.

I'm sorry guys, but I just don't quite understand the rationale we're beginning to hear from gun owners. This is my last word on the subject. If you want to hand over your guns - well to each his/her own. Be my guest. Otherwise I think we should realize that the only strength we have is in truth and numbers. Divide and conquer seems to be working wonderfully - for the wrong side.

Argue on, I'm out.

·
Premium Member
33,772 Posts
How much more agitated would some of you be had they been simple and direct? (Like I wrote) It seems to me they are darned if they do and darned if they don't. Maybe all of us should just encourage those who would ultimately want to do away with the 2nd Amendment to just go ahead and offer the legislation and we'll go along with it?

What makes the AMA a sacred cow that no one may comment on their political posturing - which they have been doing for years? Is anyone actually naive enough to think you're going to win over some of the gun-grabbers by being super nice to them while they, almost to a man, trash talk anyone who owns a gun as a potential murderer? If any of you have some good examples of winning the hearts and minds that seems to be changing the direction we're headed, I'm all ears.

I'm sorry guys, but I just don't quite understand the rationale we're beginning to hear from gun owners. This is my last word on the subject. If you want to hand over your guns - well to each his/her own. Be my guest. Otherwise I think we should realize that the only strength we have is in truth and numbers. Divide and conquer seems to be working wonderfully - for the wrong side.

Argue on, I'm out.
Better to simply tell them to shut up as they go on about their lobbying efforts instead of pointing out the fallacies of their talking points?

·
Premium Member
33,772 Posts
The effects of second-hand tobacco smoke kill more Americans each year than do firearms. Quick, somebody tell the NRA and the AMA.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The effects of second-hand tobacco smoke kill more Americans each year than do firearms. Quick, somebody tell the NRA and the AMA.
Opiods are doing a pretty good job too. OD's killed nearly 80,000 in 2017 in the US. Perhaps physicians should clean their own house.

·
Registered
999 Posts
ER trauma docs are a different breed. They probably have a strong opinion on everything that causes traumatic injuries.
However, they are just a small portion of the healthcare community that works in hospitals. In my 20 years of working at hospitals, I can tell you that the overwhelmingly vast majority of surgeons are very, very pro 2nd Amendment. These doctors have large collections of firearms and are happy to talk to you about their latest custom-made AR and even invite you out to their property to try it out! Others in the hospitals probably fall somewhere in between the ER and the OR.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts