Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I own lots of small guns. They are fun. and sometimes they come into a shop cheap. The only one I have ever "carried" is the 22 mag NAA in a pocket holster when hiking where I wasn't "allowed" to carry a weapon. It (as often said) is far better than nothing.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I carry mine in my pocket at work. Firearms are frowned upon but not illegal here. So I carry this and a pocket knife. Not my ideal choice but to me better than nothing.

Some guys here carry full sized guns but I’m not willing to take that much of a risk. Although not illegal it will result in termination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have both of those mini guns. I could maybe carry it as a backup . But would carry any of my other guns as a primary first. The Bond Arms weights about as much as a full sized gun and has only 2 rounds. The 22 has very little stopping power. And both diffcult to shoot accurately, especially at any distance. And reloading is slooooow.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I HAD to have a little NAA .22LR/.22WMR.. Bought one, carried it once or twice, fired maybe 25-30 rds of .22LR through it.. I was appalled at how badly i shot it.. Could not even hit the target unless I was 5 feet away. For someone [like myself] that isn't that great a shot, not the best choice. The .22 WMR cylinder has yet to be taken out of its case.. I bought several hundred rds of .22WMR just because, and have not fired one through it yet..Its a meticulously crafted little gun, a little jewel as a matter of fact. Outstanding quality. However its not a good SD gun for me.. Its not the small caliber, its small size Really tough gun to hit anything with, for me at least.. Tried to trade it in, they wanted to gibe me less than peanuts for a brand new gun.. It sits in its nice metal case, looking good, and goes to the range on ocassion to remind me of how poorly I shoot it... bob

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I HAD to have a little NAA .22LR/.22WMR.. Bought one, carried it once or twice, fired maybe 25-30 rds of .22LR through it.. I was appalled at how badly i shot it.. Could not even hit the target unless I was 5 feet away. For someone [like myself] that isn't that great a shot, not the best choice. The .22 WMR cylinder has yet to be taken out of its case.. I bought several hundred rds of .22WMR just because, and have not fired one through it yet..Its a meticulously crafted little gun, a little jewel as a matter of fact. Outstanding quality. However its not a good SD gun for me.. Its not the small caliber, its small size Really tough gun to hit anything with, for me at least.. Tried to trade it in, they wanted to gibe me less than peanuts for a brand new gun.. It sits in its nice metal case, looking good, and goes to the range on ocassion to remind me of how poorly I shoot it... bob
You have to position the gun in line with your index finger.

You don’t aim it, you just point like you’d point your finger,

I had to shoot a few hundred before I could get comfortable with it.

Try it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have an NAA revolver, the model loosely made to look like a cap and ball Colt and sports a 3" barrel. {The "Earl," maybe?} .22 magnum.

It is cool, it was a gift, and I even have a little leather belt holster to go with it. I've carried it, maybe twice. Mainly just a toy.

I do want one of the Bond derringers, just for the heck of it, not as a primary carry gun, just to maybe pocket carry around the property. Nothing wrong with having a certain firearm "just because." Cliche alert! "Any gun beats no gun."

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
I have a NAA mini in 22lr. I call it my nose gun because I shoot it so poorly I'd have to stick the barrel up a bad guy's nostril and then I might still miss.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I have an NAA Black Widow conversion model. It shoots well and is quite accurate out to 10 yards. That said, it is only used for extreme NPE situations.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
A nice thing about the Bond Arms guns is that you can convert them to different calibers easily. So I can see a role for them in a survival situation.

Otherwise they are heavy for what they are. Which isn’t a bad thing if you want to shoot more energetic rounds.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
At one time derringers had their place but myself I prefer something with more than two shots.

View attachment 306762
^^^ That's how I feel about derringers 100%. I own a few as novelties, but when I can carry a pocket 380 with 7 rounds for the same (or less) weight and space? it's a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I've got a NAA .22LR and a Seecamp .32acp. Both will disappear with minimal effort.

Unless you run across a good deal Seecamps are a bit pricey.

I don't know if this still works but when I bought my Seecamp wholesale on them was about 1/3 of retail. If you knew a friendly FFL and were patient you could get one for a great price.

A couple of friends and I were traveling to a large IPSC/USPSA match. The guy whose Suburban we were traveling in was a medical manufacturers rep. He allowed as how he liked to have a pistol with him when he was traveling but he didn't have anything he could carry all the time and had recently had his Suburban broken into and had his Commander stolen. He was in doctor's offices regularly and was in and out of his suit coat regularly. He even had to get out of his steet clothes and dress in scrubs so he could teach doctors how to use his orthopedic devices.

Our other friend reached into his pocket and produced a .25 Seecamp and I did the same but produced my NAA .22LR. I've never seen a more surprised look on anyone's face when he saw our handguns. The sales rep was a kitchen table FFL too and said he thought he'd order one of the then new .32 Seecamps. I got him to order one for me too. We put down our $25 deposit and waited for it to ship. We wound up with our Seecamps for a little over $300 including a spare mag and pocket holster. This was when they were going for about $750 for the gun only through dealers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When wearing my Wyoming conceal carry black leather vest, I always put my Bond Arms Snake Slayer in one of the inside pockets. Sometimes I put the S&W 642 in the other inside pocket. When carrying my regular EDC IWB, that means I have 3 guns on that day. Not a normal thing, but sometimes.

Joe

·
Registered
130 Posts
Howdy!

I have a Bond Arms I carry as a snake gun loaded with 410 shells around my property. I carry a NAA Pug 22mag as a backup/secondary to my Sig P365.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have 2 NAAs that I carry in coat pockets during the fall and winter. I always have another gun on my hip when I carry them. They're just a stopgap until I can get at my other weapon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not the best choices today for sure but I'm all for having options. Not everyone is able to rush out and buy the latest and greatest and they may have inherited an NAA or Derringer and they ought to be able to make the best of it.

Also, some people may have a need to carry something as discreet as possible and I can't think of anything better that can actually be concealed carried in a pair of swim trunks than an NAA mini-revolver.

Sure, there are silly "pen" guns and "credit card" guns and the like out there but lets be honest, an NAA mini-revolver is the smallest, most reliable and effective firearm in this size that an average person can reasonably use and carry.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
OP found a way to make me say something I never thought I would say, ...
"I'd rather have a LCP 380"

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Not the best choices today for sure but I'm all for having options. Not everyone is able to rush out and buy the latest and greatest and they may have inherited an NAA or Derringer and they ought to be able to make the best of it.

Also, some people may have a need to carry something as discreet as possible and I can't think of anything better that can actually be concealed carried in a pair of swim trunks than an NAA mini-revolver.

Sure, there are silly "pen" guns and "credit card" guns and the like out there but lets be honest, an NAA mini-revolver is the smallest, most reliable and effective firearm in this size that an average person can reasonably use and carry.
I have carried two North American Arms where I couldn’t carry anything else.

Who knows? Maybe the combo of my 2 North American Arms and one derringer is not too bad of an option. #3guncarry #carolinareload

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

21 - 40 of 50 Posts