Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents (and ladies),
I am new to CC and had a few questions about holsters for my Taurus PT111 Pro 9mm. I am in the Military and am very comfortable around weapons and have a lot of expereience. I am a thin guy so CC is a bit more difficult for me. I am checking to see if any of you have a DeSantis Holster of Galco and if so how you like them.

Also any suggestions on different holsters for a reasonable price would be great. I am looking for a brand that has quick release or thumb release holsters.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have handled both and own three Galcos. I like the fit and finish much more on the Galcos. Dont buy retail though look around on the net and Ebay to get th ebest price.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Depending on what you're looking for, I have a Galco M7X that I've enjoyed. It's not the BEST holster out there and would be better if I'd pony up the cash and get a good gun belt, but it keeps my XD close to my body and is very lightweight.

Outside of that I ALWAYS recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck. Best holster I've had.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have both brands and consider both to be good quality holsters. I prefer DeSantis because they use less leather and as such are thinner and easier to conceal. I have both IWB and OWB for J frames and 1911s.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Both are excellent off the shelf holsters... Either would serve you well....

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I have several Galco and 2 DeSantis. I like the DeSantis a little better.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Once you take that step above the factory holsters, you'll wonder how you ever got by before!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
It probably matters more which one makes the model you want. :wink:

Custom holsters are to factory holsters what butter is to margarine! :tongue:

Oh yeah, welcome aboard & HOO RAH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts