Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one for Carry and Finally got around to trying it out and it gets a Thumbs Down..

Maybe if you sat at a desk it would be ok but Anyone who works and moves and the thing shifts in and out of pants Canting forwards and back.

So Far it has been the most uncomfortable holster i have carried so far

So i would pass this up.

Which is to bad i usually prefer IWB.

http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
You hear mixed reviews about this holster, haven't used one myself but it seem's to me that the people who like them are smaller skinny people from reviews. If you look at the guy in the picture he is a smaller guy and thin. I'm not saying I'm fat but I am 6'1" 225.00! not fat and not skinny just a bigger person than I would think would be able to wear that holster comfortably.

I stick to the good leather stuff from the custom guy's, I never seem to have a complaint with the good holsters ever. Sometimes pricey but you do get what you pay for as we know.

Thank's for the head's up!

Ti.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I was curious about that offset, single belt clip. I didn't know how it would stabilize the gun.

Well, I guess you answered it, it doesn't. Double clips definitely lock the gun into place.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it would be better design with double clips .. ill have another holster review before 2 long i hope waiting for item to come in

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I would expect single clips to be always problematic - Bud's mention of cant change etc as you move around - seems inevitable.

Ti has a point tho too - as that pattern may only work well on guys who are more skinny.

·
Registered
473 Posts
gun tests said the same thing a couple of months ago. one of the best deals i found was a bianchi 6d thumbbreak for my bersa. nothing fancy, but it works, appendix carry. comfortable, easy to conceal, easyon/off. no sweatshield though, and two handed reholstering. one handed reholstering is over rated imho. if i have to pull my gun and use it, believe me i'll probably need two hands to reholster.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
From a skinny guy with a tuck this. I used this holster with my Taurus Pt 140. Had a few rocking issues with jeans, but with 5.11 or other soft cotton pants it really was bad. I think the lack of stiff holster to clip design is the main failure. It was a great conealable holster but, the gun weight(mostly in the grip) made it unstable to wear. I imagine a leather rig, or kydex might fair better, but the whole rig might rock then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the placement of the mag pouch, but that's about all I see from the pic that looks good.

I've only been happy with single clip holsters for small guns...they just don't work for full size carry guns.

And I try to stay away from "J" clips as much as possible...a holster that needs the belt to do half it's job is only half a holster.

I picked up another DeSantis when I went home for Christmas...needed a quick solution for a Ruger Security Six, so I bought the DeSantis 'Invisible Agent'.

It's...interesting...

A little more time with my Delta in it and a few pics and I'll post my impression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts