Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... I got mine the other day after reading someone say they got one and liked it. All I can say is... so far... hate it. I am not knocking the product or maker. It is well made and I really like the mag holder. The cant is also adjustable and at $38 the price is right. The metal pant / belt clip is so tight it is nearly impossible to adjust or move without essentially getting completely undressed. I could not make it feel comfortable adjusted or not no matter where I put it. I am 6" 220 and in pretty good shape so I am not some fatty trying to make it work. The thing is made of nylon which will chaffe unless you wear an under shirt (I don't) and knew that going in. Then, tucking in a shirt? Umm... Trying to tuck in a shirt was also a futile effort. The depth of the "tuck" part isn't enough if you wear an XL shirt due to the amount of material you are trying to tuck in. I have put it away for a few days but may try it again. I have a Crossbreed coming so we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think you'll like the Crossbreed. I wear mine past 3:00, like 3:30 to 4:30. I am comfortable with it against my skin. Remember, you pants have to be a little big for these kinds of holsters. The great thing is that if you don't like it you can send it back.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Okay... I got mine the other day after reading someone say they got one and liked it. All I can say is... so far... hate it. I am not knocking the product or maker. It is well made and I really like the mag holder. The cant is also adjustable and at $38 the price is right. The metal pant / belt clip is so tight it is nearly impossible to adjust or move without essentially getting completely undressed. I could not make it feel comfortable adjusted or not no matter where I put it. I am 6" 220 and in pretty good shape so I am not some fatty trying to make it work. The thing is made of nylon which will chaffe unless you wear an under shirt (I don't) and knew that going in. Then, tucking in a shirt? Umm... Trying to tuck in a shirt was also a futile effort. The depth of the "tuck" part isn't enough if you wear an XL shirt due to the amount of material you are trying to tuck in. I have put it away for a few days but may try it again. I have a Crossbreed coming so we'll see how that goes.
You and I are pretty much built the same and I had the very same problems as you describe. I bought it Monday and returned it Tuesday. It just wasn't for me either. Good luck with the Crossbreed.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I believe you will love the Crossbreed Supertuck. I wear mine most everyday all day. It is easy to forget that you even have it on. It may not be pretty, but it will do exactly what they say it will!!!!!! :hand10::hand10::hand10:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think you'll like the Crossbreed. I wear mine past 3:00, like 3:30 to 4:30. I am comfortable with it against my skin. Remember, you pants have to be a little big for these kinds of holsters. The great thing is that if you don't like it you can send it back.
What do you carry? I wear my supertuck at 3:00. I tried moving it back to 3:30 or 4 but the butt of my P229 sticks out too much and is very noticable, especially if I bend over.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What do you carry? I wear my supertuck at 3:00. I tried moving it back to 3:30 or 4 but the butt of my P229 sticks out too much and is very noticable, especially if I bend over.
Have you tried moving the cant forward a few more degrees? That will make a difference. Might have to turn it a lot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You and I are built almost exactly the same from your description. I ended up trading mine to my dad for some ammo. I carry everyday all day long with a Supertuck from Crossbreed and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you'll love the SuperTuck. Get the settings right and you'll find it's as close to perfect as can be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts