Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on a search for the perfect IWB for me for some time now. A couple weeks ago, a member had a like new Desbian Covert IWB #2 up for sale. Thin, deep sitting and 20° cant looked good so I jumped at it.

I've been wearing it, daily, for a couple weeks now. It's become the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever used. The first IWB I don't rip off as soon as I get home. I've worn it for 8-16 hours a day over the last couple weeks without it digging in, rubbing my side or being any kind of pain in the rear. It's formed nicely at the 4 o'clock position. It sits deep and is very secure. The cant is perfect for drawing in that position.

Although not a downside to me, the mouth is not reinforced but it does not collapse as much as the Watch-Six. Very little so far. It's a non-issue to me as I don't draw and reholster much, if at all during my day. Reholstering is easier than the WS but not as easy as a VM II. Desbian does make this model with a reinforced mouth for those that prefer it. Fit & finish is excellent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Good find! :hand10:

I have a Desbien holster and it's very well made.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Rhome based his [Covert #2] on Gary Brommeland's MaxCon-V. Arguably one of the best IWB holsters made today.

Congrats.. !!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Very nice looking holster...can't beat quality for carrying a stay alive tool...:yup:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I love the looks of Rhome's leather, I will own one someday. My lovely fiancee bought me a HBE Com III for my EDC and she would be upset if I starte using another holster. I guess I just have to buy another gun to go in one of these fine pieces of leather. LOL

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I had heard they make good holsters. Nice rig.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the looks of Rhome's leather, I will own one someday. My lovely fiancee bought me a HBE Com III for my EDC and she would be upset if I starte using another holster. I guess I just have to buy another gun to go in one of these fine pieces of leather. LOL
Good reason to get a new pistol! That HBE you have is a great looking holster, I remember it. I love my HBE rig. Always wanted to try an MCV but never took the plunge. Saw this on Desbian's site and was thinking of ordering one when this one came up.
Thanks slimjim.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Glad to hear, kpw. I'm sure it's getting more comfortable as you've been breakin it in. One of my favorites. I am amazed that he doesn't have a 6 month wait. Expecting an IWB #3 shortly for my M&Pc. Will be sure to write a review.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thanks for sharing with us. I think that is going to be my next holster purchase.
Mike

·
Registered
697 Posts
Glad to hear, kpw. I'm sure it's getting more comfortable as you've been breakin it in. One of my favorites. I am amazed that he doesn't have a 6 month wait. Expecting an IWB #3 shortly for my M&Pc. Will be sure to write a review.

Hi Slim, just wanted to let you know your holster will ship tomorrow the 28th. I brought your holster with me to the gun store to see if they'd be interested in carrying that style. Well I'll be *&^%, I got more orders, they loved your holster. I hope you will also.
Best,
Rhome
DGL

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi Slim, just wanted to let you know your holster will ship tomorrow the 28th. I brought your holster with me to the gun store to see if they'd be interested in carrying that style. Well I'll be *&^%, I got more orders, they loved your holster. I hope you will also.
Best,
Rhome
DGL
Thanks Rhome. Received shipping notice today. Looking forward to receiving it.

I believe I placed this order just over a week ago. Amazing...one can get one of the best custom holsters there is in such a short time.

Man, I'm gonna hate when your wait times go up. :aargh4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts