Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Well,,, crime is on the rise in my neck of the woods and 3 confirmed cases of the Coronavirus popped up overnight in my little one horse town, so,,,,,, I opened up the ol safe & prowled around for something with a little more capacity than my revolvers.

I took out my Sig 2022, CZ75c, HK P2000 and P2000SK, and played eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

The HK P2000sk (9mm) won, so I dusted it off and put it into service. I'm using the P2000 magazine for a capacity of 13+1.

442 Pro still riding in weakside front pocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Well,,, crime is on the rise in my neck of the woods and 3 confirmed cases of the Coronavirus popped up overnight in my little one horse town, so,,,,,, I opened up the ol safe & prowled around for something with a little more capacity than my revolvers.

I took out my Sig 2022, CZ75c, HK P2000 and P2000SK, and played eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

The HK P2000sk (9mm) won, so I dusted it off and put it into service. I'm using the P2000 magazine for a capacity of 13+1.

442 Pro still riding in weakside front pocket.
:35:

:biggrin2:

Reactions: OldVet

·
Banned
28 Posts
I am still carrying my Ruger LCP, but instead of carrying 2 extra magazines, i now am carrying all 6 of my spare magazines 3 in each pocket, not so much because the crime rate has gone up that much, although i have seen people get in severe fights over toilet paper and bottled water in Chicago, it is more out of defying the UNCONSTITUTIONAL stay at home order even though having severe allergies and minor asthma and being a former e-cig user I am considered high risk for it to get very bad if i caught it. i cannot stand having to have nothing worthwhile to do at all, and be forced to actually do my job that i am being paid for. Had an argument with my boyfriend last night and had him crying, he was saying we both are considered high risk because he has severe allergies and mild asthma like i do, and he said do you think it would make me happy if you caught it and ended up in the hospital in the icu on a ventilator and dying and i would not be allowed to even see you? do you want me to end up that way? to which i said OF COURSE NOT, but what is there to do all day and night since you still want to do your job and expect me to as well instead of just signing into our network to get paid and us just having fun in the bed and get paid for it, and leave the actual work to the other people at our job. there is no gay teenager aged 17 to 18 who is complying with the stay home order, and still looking for parties and sex, so why should we be any different, i'm 48 and he is 24. why should we be any different than them JUST TO BE HEALTHY AND SUCCESSFUL AT A JOB FOR NO ONE AT ALL?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Lifes not much different for this old retired guy and many others . Lots of folks that have jobs go to work but down town's few dinenrs and junk stores are closed . Plenty of stuff in the pantry and stock room for a couple months still , Local grocery is getting there stock built back up . Plenty of reloading supplies for a couple thousand more rounds and our own range out back . Life in rural America has not changed that much .

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Hmmm.
How did the "greatest generation" raising the "greatest generation" behave during the Great Depression and the Influenza Pandemic and "The War to End all Wars" ?

Orson Wells broadcast of "The War of the Worlds" comes to mind. Only an invasion from outer space could panic Americans at one time.

Now all that has to happen is for the media to say "Boo" every year.
That was before the invention of man buns, skinny jeans, and the additional 37 genders.

·
Premium Member
33,747 Posts
I'll tell you when it's time to panic. No, really, I will...
It's still not time to panic, but I did go out and buy padlocks for the garbage cans, merely as a precautionary measure.

·
Banned
28 Posts
being an arson investigator i will always wear skinny jeans, shaved head and dark sunglasses as well as the backwards baseball hat. i dont quite get it, we are all armed, why is everyone afraid of a virus?? the virus knows who's armed and wont screw with the armed people of the world.

·
Registered
33,889 Posts
being an arson investigator i will always wear skinny jeans, shaved head and dark sunglasses as well as the backwards baseball hat. i dont quite get it, we are all armed, why is everyone afraid of a virus?? the virus knows who's armed and wont screw with the armed people of the world.
How much smoke have you inhaled?:blink:

·
Banned
28 Posts
what the worst thing is people expect me to care about my health enough to be able to tolerate having to spend time alone and do my job alone from home, and not be exposed to something like covid-19. my boyfriend lives with me but he will not use this time to blow off our jobs and just have fun in the bed, its like because he is 24 and i'm 48 we are supposed to not act the way a 17 year old gay boy does and we are supposed to think with the big head and not the little head all the time. what teenager does that so why should we?
being successful at a job for no one at all is not constant fun and pleasure. being a former cop who was shot and forced into another career, instead of the government giving me free money the rest of my life i should not have to work at all.

·
Banned
117 Posts
what the worst thing is people expect me to care about my health enough to be able to tolerate having to spend time alone and do my job alone from home, and not be exposed to something like covid-19. my boyfriend lives with me but he will not use this time to blow off our jobs and just have fun in the bed, its like because he is 24 and i'm 48 we are supposed to not act the way a 17 year old gay boy does and we are supposed to think with the big head and not the little head all the time. what teenager does that so why should we?
being successful at a job for no one at all is not constant fun and pleasure. being a former cop who was shot and forced into another career, instead of the government giving me free money the rest of my life i should not have to work at all.
Your posts make absolutely no sense.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Lordy, I can smell the sense of entitlement you have.

Contrary to what you may believe, nobody owes you a damn thing. If you want it, get off your Maggie and go get it. As for working, there are a lot of us out there who work to support families and do the best we can whether we like the job or not. It’s a point of pride; we don’t want our names associated with shoddy work. If you cannot take pride in doing your work, what else are you gonna take shortcuts on?

As to your health, well, it’s yours. Do with it what you will. That being said, if you contract this disease due to carelessness, you will be diverting resources from someone else who in all likelihood does not want to be sick. Think of someone else, for once.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
A word of advice that wasn't asked for....

Nobody cares about your sex life so kindly stop seeking acceptance of it. Just enjoy those who are in your life, be glad you have someone in your life, and move on.

As for the rest of your post:
I can relate. Some people look to others for their safety. Others look to themselves. The folks who are independent while being responsible enough to take reasonable and logical precautions to not get infected or to spread anything will always get grief from those who are just too scared to accept the risks and get on with life.

That is the way it always has been, the way it is, and the way it always will be. So if you happen to be of an independent nature.... be responsible, take precautions concerning catching and spreading the virus, live your life and deal with the crap you will get from others. Including loved ones. But man up and stop complaining about it.

Ok... in the spirit of fairness I stand ready to hear your unasked for advice for me.

·
Banned
28 Posts
i don't have to comment on the other activity. However what the governor of illinois and other states is doing is unconstitutional, restricting what we can do when we want to mainly for political gain over a virus. it is only a respiratory virus, and my boyfriend and myself having asthma and allergies we would be at high risk of complications that likely will only be disabling and not fatal which would make it possible to not have to go to a job and have more time for fun things, like going to the range, trips, whatever instead of doing my job for no one at all. no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
...no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?
You are an adult. Society expects more of you.
I wonder, in your case, if society’s expectations have been misplaced. You smell trollish to me...

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?
Because we're adults?

Take pride in doing the right thing, and encourage others to do the same by recognizing them when they do the right thing.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts