Defensive Carry banner

101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
What I carry, concealed, on my person, is not what I am thinking of up-grading. I do believe that I need a powerful weapon, but its task, realistically, is to “scrape off” one or two people. I am, however, thinking that I should go ahead and acquire a more-versatile “social rifle,” which has been on the back-burner, for a while. (“Major” cartridge, field-rugged, more field-maintainable.)

I used to own an M1 Garand. I sold it, to a friend of a friend, with the idea of getting a “better” one, someday. Ever since, it has felt like something is missing. I can still launch .308 Winchester, but the weapons are not as field-rugged one might wish, in some circumstances.

I used to work for the PD, in nearby Houston, until I retired. I know they were stretched thin, before the pandemic. In our smaller home city, surrounded by Houston, there are more officers, per capita, with very quick response times, statistically, but, and this is a big but, it is a tiny department. (We stay here, near the Texas Medical Center, because my wife needs to remain near good medical care, especially her cardiologist, whose office is actually inside our small city.) Things are very unlikely to get ugly, but, if things were to get ugly, it could be REALLY ugly. One must not just prepare for the odds, but, prepare for the consequences.

101 - 101 of 101 Posts