Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Detroit man justified in shooting and killing attempted burglar, or should he have taken other action?
By Aaron Foley | MLive.com
December 31, 2009, 6:54AM
31-year-old Detroit man Tigh Croff faces murder charges after allegedly gunning down a would-be burglar after his home was targeted for the third time in a week.

Police say Croff chased down two men, but one man -- 53-year-old Herbert Silas -- didn't get away. Reportedly, Silas turned to Croff and asked, "What are you going to do? Shoot me?" and Croff responded with a bullet to his chest.

"Me and my family apologize to the family (of the victim," Croff's mother, who remained unnamed and off-camera, told Fox 2. "It was tragic."

Croff's mother said her son was a hard worker and was frustrated with being broken into three times in a week. Neighbors tell the Detroit Free Press the same thing. Not only did Croff work as a security guard, but he also DJ'd at local clubs. He is also a father to twin boys.

The neighborhood, part of the Jefferson-Chalmers area of Detroit's east side, has been "on the decline," neighbors tell the Freep. Crime and shootings occur regularly, they say.

"When I moved in, it looked like the Grosse Pointes almost, trees on the street. Everybody was nice," one unnamed resident says.

·
Registered
208 Posts
While I can understand the frustration of the shooter, if I was on the jury, it'd be real hard for me to say "justifiable shooting".

That being said, I would love to have seen the look on Herbert's face when the bullet hit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
While I can understand the frustration of the shooter, if I was on the jury, it'd be real hard for me to say "justifiable shooting".

That being said, I would love to have seen the look on Herbert's face when the bullet hit.
yep,+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.