Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the North Texas area…In case you haven’t heard, DFW Gun Range is out of commission. Because of the huge downpour yesterday, the roof caved in, part of one of the walls fell, and it was flooded ankle deep in water. They were open for business, with people on the range when it happened. Good news is everybody got out, with no problems. No word on how long the will be down.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see you are in Burleson, Seventhsword. I grew up in Burleson.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jaltered said:
Wow. That sux.

In the meantime, if you need a place to shoot, check out Bullet Trap in Plano, TX. Great staff and selection:

http://www.bullettrapinc.com

(No, I don't work for Bullet Trap, but I frequent their range and shop.) :smile:
Never tried the Bullet Trap. I usually go to Alpine, Bass Pro, DFW Gun Range, or some private property out in the country.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Wow...not cool!

To any forum members that use that range: good luck in finding a new "home."

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've shot at both when in the D/FW area. The BulletTrap is a good place.

·
Registered
136 Posts
North Texas goes from having a three month drout, to full scale flooding too quickly. I guess it's safe to say there is no more fire ban.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently even after this flood, and now being on the plus side for rainfall for the year, we will still be considered in “draught conditions”, at least for some areas. So much of it ran off that some areas did not receive the full benefit.

I can say the swamp (formerly known as my back yard) is no longer under draught conditions. Anybody know the recommend load for gator hunting?

·
Registered
814 Posts
JT said:
I can say the swamp (formerly known as my back yard) is no longer under draught conditions. Anybody know the recommend load for gator hunting?
Big:blink:

·
Super Moderator
23,557 Posts
JT said:
Anybody know the recommend load for gator hunting?
I ain't got it but I want too! 12Ga 00 and slugs I'd guess!

If you're north of DFW try the Texoma Gun Club in Sherman - indoors, great folks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts