1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Actually, they can say the same for us too. Except that "We The People" are probably hoarding a lot more than they are.

Reactions: Tzadik

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
DHS reserves the right to procure another 750 million rounds of ammo!
Over the next five years. So that is 150million rounds per year. If the 247 million rounds is two years worth then they are theoretically purchasing about 20% more than they use. So over that five year contract they would acquire enough ammo for six years of operations.
DHS denies allegations department is ?hoarding? bullets | Washington Free Beacon

They're hoarding ±250 million rounds of ammo according to the article! Which is a two year supply if you count all 72,000 employees of which over half are administrative!
Which means if there is like a year long ammo shortage cause by a bunch of suckers who believe anything they read on the internet they will still have enough to operate. Outrageous!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Border Patrol doesn't have it ... they're short on ammo for even their monthly quals.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Yes, I have been told by a DHS employee that it appears training has been reduced and in some cases eliminated because of the lack of training ammo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, I have been told by a DHS employee that it appears training has been reduced and in some cases eliminated because of the lack of training ammo.

Ok, I hope I'm not breaking some forum rule here but this comment combined with this video, posted on this very site, says that a FOX report says that 1.6billion rounds of ammo is missing...

Am I the only one that finds this hard to believe. Given the dimensions of a single box of 20rnds of rifle ammo, or a 50rnd box of handgun ammo, the size of 1.6b rounds would take up a huge amount of volume & weigh a few tons.

Is the DHS really that inept? Are they as lack luster in their security standards as to let this happen?

Ponder for a moment the stupendousness of such an unbelievable act of stupidity; Are we convinced these people have the competence to protect anyone, including themselves.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
If they're not hoarding it, that means they're planning to use it. That begs the question: on whom?

·
Registered
669 Posts
If they're not hoarding it, that means they're planning to use it. That begs the question: on whom?
The thing is about 1.6 billion rounds is that, what good is 1.6 billion rounds when your "enemy" hides in plain sight? If J.Nap says they're not hoarding ammo, then I'll believe her and there should be no reason for a contract to exist between DHS and ATI. That contract should then be nullified by the house judiciary committee.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Actually, they can say the same for us too. Except that "We The People" are probably hoarding a lot more than they are.
Does this mean they will change their name to the "Department of Hoarding and Surplus"? :duh:

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
News Flash guys, there is no 1.6 billion rounds and there never was.
Just another internet myth perpetuated by the tin foil hat crowd.
In several threads on this forum we have gone over the documentation and shown what the contracts actually say. When the 1.6 billion crowd are asked to produce any actual documentation (contracts, purchase orders etc) they just seem to drop out of sight.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
And if you believe anything they say, I have a bridge for sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts