Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting new procurement RFI request from DHS:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...&id=4bfa86faa5946081ac3c886bf208f08f&_cview=0

Interesting shelf life:

2.6 Shelf Life

RHTA shall have a manufacturer's warranted shelf life of a minimum of two years from the date of shipment when stored dry in the manufacturer's packaging. Exterior of cases shall indicate a "USE BY (month & year)" date that will be 3 months prior to the expiration of the shelf life.

Obviously a GSA Contract procurement which doesn't require a Solicitation posting, i.e., the Supplier has a annual contract with the Feds and the Feds order on a purchase order not a contract. Like when they buy pencils and pens!

Interesting questions:

15. Are you capable of producing large quantity orders of any training caliber specified with a short turnaround time of 30-60 days?
16. What would your lead time be for an order of 2 million rounds of a single type listed above?
17. If you were awarded a contract for some of the calibers listed above, submitted a production lot of one million rounds and that lot or portion of the lot was not accepted, would you be able to replace that order with an additional one million rounds within 60 days?

But not a Solicitation posting?

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Nope just finding out how many companies have that production capacity.

·
Super Moderator
19,941 Posts
Those actually sound like questions I would ask!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I predict that DHS will stop buying millions of bullets when Obama stops apologizing for America.

·
Banned
163 Posts
I predict that DHS will stop buying millions of bullets when Obama stops apologizing for America.
Nothing wrong with DHS pre-ordering lots of bullets in order to lock in a good price.

All the gun stores are out of .22 LR because of irrational hoarding, not DHS purchases.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
All the gun stores are out of .22 LR, in part because of irrational DHS purchases.
Corrected your typo. No need to thank me.

Reactions: 1MoreGoodGuy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts