Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
DSG is in the 'out of sight out of mind' category for me. The last time I was in a DSG location was in 1999 to get some gear for a local softball league. So I don't think about them and whatever happens in their world doesn't affect me in any way.
Kinda like Chic Fil A.
:)
No DSG for me but I likes me some Chic Fil A... :danceban:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Hey, Dick's made a business decision that was in keeping with their name. Never lost a second of sleep over it.

I've always preferred to take my business to my local firearms shop, anyway. If ever you're in Dallas, may I recommend the historic Ray's Hardware and Sporting Goods. I'm happy to pay a little more to a business that knows their stuff, doesn't nickel and dime me, values and respects my loyalty (and the loyalty of their staff) - and, every once in a while, will throw in a freebee or some swag - a thank you for loyalty.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have not and will not buy anything from Dick's over their anti stance on the 2nd. I still think it is wrong for the gov't to tell this business they have to shut down.
I agree 100% with everything you just said. But at the same time, if an anti-gun business is going to inadvertently fall into a trap of their own making, so be it.

Gosh darn it....

·
Registered
995 Posts
I like to walk into Dick's when I'm shopping next door to them. I will walk in and ask the Customer Service Desk if they arer still boycotting selling guns. (Not lately of course)
They always reply with a shocked look on their faces. And I say "Yea? Well, I'm still boycotting buying anything at Dick's. And walk out the door grinning.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Long ago, Dick's had a sale on 00 buck shotshells per their flyer at the time. I went in and couldn't find the sale item, so I asked the clerk. He didn't know what was on sale, so I told him precisely. They didn't have any. I make a remark about how fast they must have sold out since I was at the store two hours after they opened on the first sale day. They don't stock them! I asked him if this was a bait and switch. He didn't know what that was. This took place at a large two-story store in a large mall near Boulder, CO. After that, Dick's no more. My decision was reinforced when they came out of the closet. We only walk through that Dick's now because parking is easy on that side of the mall and when you walk out into the mall proper on the first floor, one of my wife's favorite places to shop, Bath and Body Works, is right there. I can't even get up the energy for schadenfreude as regards the Dick's financial difficulties.

Reactions: M1911A1

·
Premium Member
33,804 Posts
Long ago, Dick's had a sale on 00 buck shotshells per their flyer at the time. I went in and couldn't find the sale item, so I asked the clerk. He didn't know what was on sale, so I told him precisely. They didn't have any. I make a remark about how fast they must have sold out since I was at the store two hours after they opened on the first sale day. They don't stock them! I asked him if this was a bait and switch. He didn't know what that was. This took place at a large two-story store in a large mall near Boulder, CO. After that, Dick's no more. My decision was reinforced when they came out of the closet. We only walk through that Dick's now because parking is easy on that side of the mall and when you walk out into the mall proper on the first floor, one of my wife's favorite places to shop, Bath and Body Works, is right there. I can't even get up the energy for schadenfreude as regards the Dick's financial difficulties.
Rural King does the same thing, in my experience.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Bye Felicia!

·
Registered
322 Posts
With the loss of profits over their anti-gun stance I've been waiting for them to announce their total closure. It's coming if the leadership doesn't find a way to right and repair the sinking ship. Won't make me sad to see them go away. They are reaping the rewards they sowed.
Last July I looked at their financial statements (their FYE is 5/31) and their sales were up 7% over the previous year. Not sure we've had much impact on them (unfortunately). I haven't looked up any of their 10Q filings since then though.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I will happily admit that I used to be a fan of the store. I bought a gun cabinet, a ladder stand, a gun case, a .22 youth rifle, and ammunition from them. I bought my kid's soccer gear and running clothing for myself. I had a discount card for some affiliation I had (armed service related?).

I stopped going when they decided to sell "politically correct" guns. I walked through, just to see what was going on, before they closed up shop locally.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The Academy Sports near me (and I assume all of them) also dropped "assault" rifles after Sandy Hook, but apparently someone in their management kept their head on straight and they soon put them back.

Maybe they saw the backlash against Dick's?
They did not drop them, they put them out of sight and left lists on the counter of what they had. That is what happened at my local Academy when my son was buying a rifle at that time.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
There is no Dick's close to me. If there were, I wouldn't waste gas or time going there. Most of my guns are purchased from Bud's Gun Shop.
I ordered one gun from Bud's recently and the experience was okay except for their tracking; their website still said "Not Shipped" a day after it had arrived at my FFL. Aside from that, it went well.

My favorite is Gallery of Guns (aka Davidson's). I've bought several through them, but they're currently "out of order" because of the virus thing.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Meh, what goes around comes around, and actions have consequences. When this is all said and done, it may only be the big box stores and chain restaurants that survive if we don't get the economy back on track. It is the small businesses that make America great. It is time to take the actions necessary to keep it great.

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
Yeah, when the Ruth Chris chain takes millions of the small business funds, I'm sure they'll survive. Meanwhile the Mom & Pop's I love will be ancient history.

Reactions: APX-9M and msgt/ret
21 - 40 of 47 Posts