Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here.

I just recently bought a 20 box of Speer 124gr 9mm GD's. The casing have a bit of a raised bump on one side of ALL the ammo. If I run my finger along the casing I can feel it but when I rotate to the other side I do not feel the bump. The bump looks to be right where the bullet stops in the casing.

I compared them against some Corbon DPX 115gr 9mm and some Sabers, I do not see this issue with them. Even put the GD's against some Fed target and the GD's disappointing.

I have pictures but if I only knew where the damn cable was.

I want my money back Speer!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds like they were seated a bit canted causing a slight bulge in the case, but I could be wrong, a picture might help. Do they drop in the chamber okay?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You could contact speer, provide the lot number and a picture. I'm sure they would not only like to know but might even offer a replacement.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
New here.

I just recently bought a 20 box of Speer 124gr 9mm GD's. The casing have a bit of a raised bump on one side of ALL the ammo. If I run my finger along the casing I can feel it but when I rotate to the other side I do not feel the bump. The bump looks to be right where the bullet stops in the casing.

I compared them against some Corbon DPX 115gr 9mm and some Sabers, I do not see this issue with them. Even put the GD's against some Fed target and the GD's disappointing.

I have pictures but if I only knew where the damn cable was.

I want my money back Speer!
This is not uncommon. I have a box of .40S&W like that.

It happens when the diameter of the case mouth is on the minimum side of the diameter spec and the bullet is on the maximum side of the diameter spec.

There's nothing the matter with the ammo, shootability-wise. Every manufacturer has a batch like this at some point in their production. And if it really bothers you, send the ammo to me and I'll cheerfully "dispose" of it for you. :image035:

·
Administrator
143,739 Posts
Call Speer if you feel that the ammo you purchased is not up to your expectations.
Ask to speak to a person in Quality Control.
They will make it right.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This is not uncommon. I have a box of .40S&W like that.

It happens when the diameter of the case mouth is on the minimum side of the diameter spec and the bullet is on the maximum side of the diameter spec.

There's nothing the matter with the ammo, shootability-wise. Every manufacturer has a batch like this at some point in their production. And if it really bothers you, send the ammo to me and I'll cheerfully "dispose" of it for you. :image035:

Exactly. Nothing wrong with the ammo and all brands show this from time to time on various lots.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Call Speer if you feel that the ammo you purchased is not up to your expectations.
Ask to speak to a person in Quality Control.
They will make it right.
Good Luck with that; I wouldn't hold my breath.

There's nothing to be made right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts