Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my LC9S Pro from PSA, 7 days delay at FFL. I was in a hurry so just quick checked the gun was in the box and left. After I got home and took it out, it was a shock to me because: .

1. The gun seems an old one. The barrel has a lot of rust and dirty spots.

Auto part Metal

Material property Floor Metal

2. The slide release lever cannot be pushed down at all. Have to use the slide to load.

Shall I contact PSA? How?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how PSA will react, but Ruger's customer support is top notch. They might like to hear your story...
I did the transfer 11-23, before thanksgiving. I was in a hurry so did not check it carefully. My bad on that. Thank you brother!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yeah, a call to Ruger is in order. Did the gun come with all the regular stuff? They should have sent a shell casing right? Or does Ruger still do that? I actually don't think my last two Ruger firearms came with a spent casing if memory serves. PSA is pretty large and presumably relatively automated so I actually have a pretty hard time believing they would be taking the time sell used guns as new or be shooting new guns when no one was looking, but I suppose anything is possible. More than likely the gun has been sitting for so long that it developed some rust. The scratches on the outside of the barrel and the mark of the cartridge on the firing face doesn't really concern me, as many many of my guns have looked similar from just the couple of shots they put down range at the factory.

·
Registered
887 Posts
FWIW the LC9s does not have a slide release. It has a slide stop. Its not designed or intended to work as a release.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Doesn't look "NEW" to me. Is that surface rust around the slide and sight area too..?? Also appears to be a few minor scratch/gouge marks on the slide, unless that is just lighting.

In the future "NEVER" rush a transfer inspection.

Personally I would contact Ruger and send them the same pitctures, etc and go from there. They may want the gun sent to them so they can inspect it and see the condition of this firearm being sold as "NEW". Just seems to be more going on there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Rust, or red grease? Sometimes the grease can congeal on a new gun and appear to be rust. A wipedown with a solvent-soaked (oer WD40-soaked) cloth will easily remove this grease.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Does it have any obvious wear marks? Its been noted that the slide stop isn't designed to be a slide release. What you see as being rush may be or may not be. If I where you, I'd give it a good cleaning, and if there aren't any wear marks or scratches, and no pitting or damage to the finish or metal, I wouldn't waste my time contacting Ruger... Also, keep in mind that the guy was test fired at Rugers factory as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts