Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
You will get used to it. Its new and exciting but becomes part of the routine eventually. Always try to remember to not get complacent. Congrats, enjoy, and stay safe. Welcome to the Not Being A Victim Willingly Club

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Glad it went well. I find myself doing an initial quick check as I get out of my vehicle and while the door is still open because of the way that the shirt likes to ride up sometimes while I'm sitting. Don't worry though even if you find yourself checking occasionally but not constantly. Very few people will even have a clue.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Most people don't have a clue about anything. What they are doing, much less what you are doing.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Congrats! Be sure to send proof of your Wally World Walk to Sixto in order to get your 'full color' certificate.:hand2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most people don't have a clue about anything. What they are doing, much less what you are doing.
Yeah, most are thumbing their phones or looking at the shelves, completely oblivious to what's around them. You probably could have walked in wearing a gorilla suit to draw the same amount of attention. :)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I have done my Wally Walk but sadly no Certificate, no CCW Badge or Sash for the effort. Guess it got lost in the U.S. Mail.

Today I did my "around the house" walk, with the wife to dinner walk, and days past of "walking" with the new Taurus or the S&W Bodyguard.

A few days ago played drums with my group but did not "walk" very much. Did a lot of sitting.

You will get so familiar with your new found ability that sometimes it will feel unatural to not ever do it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The only times I tug on my shirt/jacket are (a) when exiting my car and (b) when standing up after sitting for a while (such as when you eat a meal in a restaurant). As long as you are casual and not overly fussy about it, nobody will give you a second glance.

The other comments about "you get used to it" are correct; it is just a matter of acclimating yourself to the habit of carrying concealed.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Congrats! Pretty soon you'll get to the point where you feel uncomfortable and unnatural when you aren't carrying!:yup:

Reactions: spdracr39

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations on the new permit! I am still patiently waiting on my CHL to come in the mail here in Texas. :aargh4: I have "practiced" wearing my IWB holster around the house with my LC9 in it, but there will come that first time to legally walk out the door with it on. I am ready for that day, but think I will be a bit nervous about it at the same time. Looking forward to it and thanks for sharing your experience with us. :hand10:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just started every day carrying recently, also. I carry IWB at 1 o'clock and still sometimes feel like I'm walking around with a brick hanging on the front of my pants. But when I catch a glimpse of myself reflected in window or glass door...nothing. invisible. Amazing what a good holster and the right clothes can do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.