Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit, I have not bought a firearm in months, but obviously plenty of other people have in the last month. I wonder what percentage are new owners compared to existing owners who upped their game and bought in response to the Democratic candidates latest verbal assault on gun owners?

Democrats’ Gun Sales Surge Continues – September NICS Checks Up 10%

...As the latest National Shooting Sports Foundation monthly report reveals, September NICS volume is up 10% year over year. And given the latest FBI crime statistics showing that — yet again — crime has fallen while gun ownership is up, that’s very good news....

...The September 2019 NSSF-adjusted National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) figure of 1,011,636 is an increase of 10.0 percent compared to the September 2018 NSSF-adjusted NICS figure of 919,979. For comparison, the unadjusted September 2019 FBI NICS figure 2,189,028 reflects a 15.5 percent increase from the unadjusted FBI NICS figure of 1,895,841 in September 2018.....

Read the complete story here:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/democrats-gun-sales-surge-continues-september-nics-checks-up-10/

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I am on restriction. In fact, sold one yesterday and surrendered the money to my controller.
Those things happen to us all.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
I'm not a new gun owner but I tried to help gun sales in Sept. by buying another Taurus 856 just because I wanted one with a concealed hammer. Oh and I've already done my part for October by purchasing the Ruger LC380 to 9mm conversion kit on the 4th. Not to mention the month is just getting started!

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I did my part but I don't think it gets included in the stats. My permit eliminates the requirement of the NICS ck. I just fill out the 4473 and I'm done.

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
No guns, but I did pick up 1200 more primers while in NC. Local store, no big box. Gotta do my part to keep the little guys going.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice, LimaCharlie!

Reactions: ETXhiker and OD*

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I did my part but I don't think it gets included in the stats. My permit eliminates the requirement of the NICS ck. I just fill out the 4473 and I'm done.
I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. One million Texas LTC licensees are not required to undergo a NICS check for gun purchases either. 4473 only.

Nevertheless, I did my part. I had to replace an old AR lower receiver.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
So far this week I bought:

S&W Bodyguard 380
Springfield 10mm XDM OSP
Colt Delta Elite 10mm
PSA 300 Blackout Pistol

Oh...wait....I was only window shopping dang it....

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Added an evil black rifle to the mix, because too many of my betters have said that I don't need one. Over the last few moths, every time I've gone into a LGS, I saw someone applying for their FOID card. You can renew online, so I'm guessing that each time was someone who is new to firearms.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Haven't bought one in a long, long while... but my LGS had a consignment sale on a Shield 40 with 7 magazines for $200, and that was too good to pass up... And I did get about 1000 rounds of .40 S&W to replenish the practice ammo... I have a CHCL as well, so not sure if it tallied up another NICS check or not...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts