• Purchased all three of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did not participate in rebate program

Votes: 39 78.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I did not, as I already own a .40 Shield and have no desire for the 9 or .45.

I do know of several people who, prior to taking a CC class this past weekend, purchased a Shield. I don't know for a fact that they purchased them because of the rebate, but I know they are quite frugal and the rebate most likely tipped the scale in favor of the Shield. Two 9's, a .40 PC and .45 was purchased.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not, as I already own a .40 Shield and have no desire for the 9 or .45.

I do know of several people who, prior to taking a CC class this past weekend, purchased a Shield. I don't know for a fact that they purchased them because of the rebate, but I know they are quite frugal and the rebate most likely tipped the scale in favor of the Shield. Two 9's, a .40 PC and .45 was purchased.
I also passed the rebate....while I do own the Shield 45 I do want the new 2.0 shield 9 due to introduce Jan 2018 as a backup in case the 45 is ever out of service for any reason for a short time. Don't care for the current Shield 9.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Just trying to get a feel of the public reaction.
Maybe not members of the forum, but thousands have sold already. I purposely added over 2000 Shields to my shopping cart on Palmetto State Armory's shopping cart on the first, and I didn't get an error message. I just checked today and tried to buy 1000, and I got an error message stating that "The requested quantity for "Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm w/o Thumb Safety 10035" is not available." Other web sites are now out of stock of with the 45 reg and/or the 45 PC, and have also sold hundred of the 9mm. I haven't paid much attention to the bodyguard or the 40s&w Shield...

Anyway, I purchased 3. One regular 9mm, 9mm with night sights, and a 45acp performance center. You do know that the Shield 40s&w exist too? I ask because it's not in your poll. I'll probably will use a couple of them for trade value during the summer months after the rebate is over to get something else I want with less money out of my pocket.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe not members of the forum, but thousands have sold already. I purposes added over 2000 Shields to my shopping cart on Palmetto State Armory's shopping cart on the first, and I didn't get an error message. I just checked today and tried to buy 1000, and I got an error message stating that "The requested quantity for "Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm w/o Thumb Safety 10035" is not available." Other web sites are now out of stock of with the 45 reg and/or the 45 PC, and have also sold hundred of the 9mm. I haven't paid much attention to the bodyguard or the 40s&w Shield...

Anyway, I purchased 3. One regular 9mm, 9mm with night sights, and a 45acp performance center. You do know that the Shield 40s&w exist too? I ask because it's not in your poll.
Yeah....my bad.....did not even consider the .40 for my poll....should have....(probably because I would never consider a 40 for myself)...so it was not a thinking consideration in my one track mind.......

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I also passed the rebate....while I do own the Shield 45 I do want the new 2.0 shield 9 due to introduce Jan 2018 as a backup in case the 45 is ever out of service for any reason for a short time. Don't care for the current Shield 9.
Where did you hear that the 2.0 Shield would be out in Jan? If they did release one, my guess is that they'd slowly roll out the 45 and 40 full size and then the compacts before they get to the Shield. That's what I really want. A PC Shield 9mm 2.0 w/o a safety, but it'll probably be a while.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you hear that the 2.0 Shield would be out in Jan? If they did release one, my guess is that they'd slowly roll out the 45 and 40 full size and then the compacts before they get to the Shield. That's what I really want. A PC Shield 9mm 2.0 w/o a safety, but it'll probably be a while.
This information came from the Smith and Wesson forum from a member there who used to work for S&W and still has contacts within the company.
Armor classes within S&W are being staffed for the Bodyguard and Shield 9mm....He is hoping to return to S&W for these armor classes.
Story line is a new improved Bodyguard will be introduced this summer with improvements of trigger. sites, and a firing pin fix to address the light primer strikes and will be under the 2.0 M&P banner and the Shield 9 to be upgraded with 45 style grip and new trigger also. Will have to wait and see if rumors are correct.......

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rumor was the Shield changes to be announced at the 2018 shot show in Jan.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The Shields certainly are a screaming deal with the rebate. The 9 sure is thin and compact for 7-8 round mag capacity. And, I am liking the feedback the .45 is getting. But, since I am pretty well stocked up on single stack compact 3rd generation metal framed S&Ws (i.e. CS9, 3953, CS45, 4553, and 457) I have a hard time justifying the Shields. It looks like S&W is doing very well with them, however.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd been considering a smaller carry gun just to have the option, and the Shield 9mm was on the list, so the rebate plus PSA's sale was enough to get me to buy my second gun. $244 after rebate was just too good to pass up.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Nope. I had another go with the Shield that a friend let me use, and I still don't like it. They'll get my attention when they rebate their 686+ models or something along those lines. I have enough poly pistols at this point.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If in my mind I can justify the purchase of another pistol I will do it. Sometimes it takes considerable thought and I almost know the results already. Always have to make tough decisions over a day or so.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I did not vote yet for the rebate lasts through June 30th. Still plenty of time for y'all wonderful bunch of enablers to convince me I have to have a new Smitty. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Local LE dealer will sell me the 45 Shield for $359 plus tax. So, after the rebate I'd be looking at about $305 bucks. Not too bad for a pistol that has really been tempting me since its inception.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Yeah, I just did. While I want the shield in 45, the 9 is the only one available. Wife needs one so I guess this one will be hers. Price is better than I may ever see again, it seems.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I just did. While I want the shield in 45, the 9 is the only one available. Wife needs one so I guess this one will be hers. Price is better than I may ever see again, it seems.
45 still available at Whittakers $339.00 before rebate......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts