Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Could someone tellme the difference between the Max Con V and Max Con VI ? Just want to make sure I made the right decision.

Cheers,
Jason
San Antonio, TX.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Hi Jason,
Well, the primary difference is that you can no longer get a VI - they have been discontinued. :smile:
The front and back panels on the VI were made from two very thin layers of leather, with a steel insert sandwiched between them. This made the holster mouth more rigid for one-handed reholstering. (It also made the holster cost $150 a pop)
The Max-Con V is made with a single ply of leather front and back. It is thinner and lighter than the VI, and is a really great all around defensive IWB.
FWIW, I own a holster shop (and can therefore have any holster that I want), and the rig you ordered is virtually identical to my own.(Except my holsters are all Presentation Grade seconds that I somehow managed to screw-up). The gear that you ordered will, I believe, serve you quite well.
Thanks again, BTW!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info Gary, I really appreciate it. As I mentioned, I can't wait to get them.

Cheers,
Jason
San Antonio, TX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts