Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Wow. The difference in the two videos is amazing.

Matt

·
Registered
791 Posts
Amazing difference. Makes you wonder what has really gone on when you see those videos of "police brutality" on the evening news.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Interesting - I had seen the first some time ago but never the second.

It does show very well just how things can be misinterpreted, in either direction.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Just shows that if it isn't ALL on camera, you just don't know.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Am I the only one who missed that the perp had a gun in the first video. The first time I watched it I was like why are they shooting him? Seeing the second video was an eye opener, had the first video been the only one available, these officers would have been facing another Rodney King, multiplied by 100. As Tony W said, "makes you wonder".

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Good eye opener, rocky. I can see why the lawyers don't want you to say anything to anybody after the fact, because of the possible interpretations. Her name is Donna Tella Nawbody.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Intresting how the "Pants Down Clown" thinks he doesn't have to do what the nice Policeman orders him to do. I would imagine that the ethnic minority....................(fill in the name) community is enraged that the policeman shot such a good boy. OH! the Humanity of it all.

Jungle Work

·
Registered
615 Posts
Definate eye opener. Though even after the second video I thought the force could be construed as a bit excessive. Would'nt want to be the cops trying to explain to a grand jury why they felt it necessary to put the better part of a box of ammo into the perp's back.
If it were a permit holder, he'd be in jail. But another goblin bites the dust, the world's probably a better place.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the media.putfile.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

·
Registered
64 Posts
blueyedevil said:
Definate eye opener. Though even after the second video I thought the force could be construed as a bit excessive.

I dunno, I count five shots in approx. 1.5 seconds. With the perp keeping his hands out of sight and then whipping around in a shooting position with an object in hand, I don't see this a being excessive. It looks more like suicide by cop than anything else to me. Just my .02

All the best,

Joe

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Amazeing video. I counted at least 8 shots on the audio part of the tape. Looks to me that the lefty LEO pumps out a couple or three also. I would also suggest that the perp took one to the back of the head. He (finally) fell like a rag.

I would be very interested in >> How many total shots were fired by which(each) LEO? Where were the hits on the perp? Did the perp fire any shots? Oh,and also what is the perp's waist size vs. the size britches he was trying to wear?

If I ever have to fight a BG,hope that one hand is taken up with holding up his pants. He'll die being cool. ----------

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I thought the force was justified. You can clearly see the officer on the left ducking as if to dodge a shot. Meaning he thought his life was in danger.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
blueyedevil said:
Would'nt want to be the cops trying to explain to a grand jury why they felt it necessary to put the better part of a box of ammo into the perp's back.
Hardly a box of ammo. Maybe half a box(13-16 rounds each/2 officers).:wink: Most departments have adopted, "Shoot until the target is no longer a threat....", so this is pretty well covered. A slow-frame view would show definitely, but it looked like the perp fire at least 3 times, at the officers.

·
Registered
810 Posts
SammyIamToday said:
I thought the force was justified. You can clearly see the officer on the left ducking as if to dodge a shot. Meaning he thought his life was in danger.
I agree. I thought the officers showed a lot of restraint -- ducking and moving when the bad guy was pointing his gun. And, since the bad guy didn't feel the need to listen to the officers, he had to be stopped. Incredible what a difference with the two tapes. The first one, I'd have thought some guy just got blasted in the back for walking away. I never saw a gun at all. Second tape, it was easy to understand.

·
Registered
84 Posts
blueyedevil said:
Definate eye opener. Though even after the second video I thought the force could be construed as a bit excessive. Would'nt want to be the cops trying to explain to a grand jury why they felt it necessary to put the better part of a box of ammo into the perp's back.
If it were a permit holder, he'd be in jail. But another goblin bites the dust, the world's probably a better place.

Just thought I would ask why not a box of ammo? Once you fired the first shot you have used lethal force, might as well make sure you do the job and not have to worry about him turning around and killing you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts