Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok without going into a bunch of detail, I received as a gift a $300.00 gift certificate for one of my local gun stores. My question is do I use it towards the purchase of a new Glock 26 for everyday carry or do I buy some Crimson Trace grips for my S&W 340 pd that I have been carrying lately?
I will end up getting both, I just keep going back and forth.

I know there are bigger problems to have but I figured where better to ask.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Me? I'd buy the Glock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 19 now and I like it alot, just wanting to go a little smaller.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Two guns in the hand are better than one left in the case. Get the grips later.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you give me the gift certificate, I'll put the CT grips on my 340PD and that will solve your dilema.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Glock. Better to have a BUG. You can always outfit it with bells and whistles later. Lasers won't save your life if SHTF. The Glock? Well, it's probably more likely to. :)

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I'd get the Glock now!:yup:

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
If you're carrying the 340 more than your 19, then I would opt for the Grips. BTW: You can purchase the CT Grips with the S&W logo direct from Smith & Wesson for $279.00

·
Registered
963 Posts
Glock, definatly

Get the Glock 26, I bought mine abouth 2 months ago and I love it, conceals much beter than my Glock 22

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
:twak: Get the Glock! :image035:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have both (340pd with CT's). Assuming you would actually carry the G26 (it is almost twice as heavy) I would go glock due to capacity, controllability, "practice-ability".
Even with stock sights, I'm way more accurate and faster at anything over 7 yards compared with the 340, laser included. Plus I can actually practice with it without my hand hurting for a week after.
I also see you have a G19, so you have the additional advantage of interchangeable parts, mags, and holsters.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I vote...get the Glock!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts