Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really enjoy his show and the "bowling" shirts that he wears are pretty nice looking. Does anyone know what brand they are? I don't want the goofy looking eyes or the price of the Tommy Bahama's. I'm just looking for ones that are business casual or a night at the movies with Momma. I have been watching ebay as well as Pac-Sun. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Head to Target or WalMart...you can get lots of $60 print shirts for a third of the price...and they'll look great. OMO:wave:

·
Registered
287 Posts
King Size or Big and Tall catalogs have hundreds of choices.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Seeing as you are in TX, I bought some of my better quality shirts at places like Bass Pro (and they weren't TB's, and only paid 19.00 for them), found a few good ones at Academy (9.99 - 19.00) and at Gander Mountain (15.99 - 19.99). Very nice quality. These included prints as well as plain. Textured print to oxford cloth.

Haven't found the same kind of quality at WalMart or Target.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
What I do is keep my eyes open in the late summer and early fall at nice department stores like Macy's, Nordstrom, and the like. About that time they will clear their nice silk shirts out, taking $50-75 shirts and marking them down into the $10-20 range. When I find deals like that I get as many as I can afford.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
If you're willing to go the route of Hawaiian "camp" shirts, ParadiseClothingCo.com has lots of choices for under $40. Prices go higher, certainly, but you'll get somewhat similar designs at one-fourth the prices of Tori Richard and the like.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Costco and BJ's

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I prefer the Cubavera brand. They are a little more pricey, but they last longer than others I have bought. Also they don't have the skull pictures or anything overly goofy on them, but there are some that have palm tree prints so be careful.

Not that there is anything with palm tree prints, I don't want to start an argument for anyone who wears Hawaiian shirts :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Beall's. I got 10 for about $100 on sale.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Off topic: There's something about this guy that I can't stand. I have tried to watch the show but I must change the channel when I see him. It's not his shirts. I much prefer Alton Brown's Good Eats.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
As mentioned above, Camp Shirt is the name of the game!

My wife will buy me shirts at Penney's or Kohl's and bring them home to try out. I put them on while carrying and she inspects me for printing. We've learned that shirts sure vary a lot in terms of the cut...you pretty much have to try them on while carrying to make a good decision.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I prefer the Cubavera brand. They are a little more pricey, but they last longer than others I have bought. Also they don't have the skull pictures or anything overly goofy on them, but there are some that have palm tree prints so be careful.

Not that there is anything with palm tree prints, I don't want to start an argument for anyone who wears Hawaiian shirts :ahhhhh:

I love those shirts!I have one that is about 5 or 6 years old and is still going strong.During the fall and winter months I go to Dillards Big and Tall section and buy them up when they are marked down.I used to wear them alot more often than I do now.A buddy of mine refers to them as my "Tony Montana shirts."

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
Check out Nat Nast. I wear them during the summer months. They look great, are cool, and are always a nice look for casual wear.

You can get the knock-offs, but Nat Nast is the real deal.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I like wearing the Guide Series shirts, I catch on sale $15 at Gander Moutain :wink: I got alot of camo G/S & various collors.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I buy Dickes plaid workshirts as cover garments over my guns. The plaid works great in breaking up any printing that might happen. They are tough & inexpensive. I have about 6 different shirts with large as this picture and small as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts