Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step One in bringing the People's Republic of Wisconsin, otherwise known as The Madison-Milwaukee Railroad, back into the union happened Monday. The Emperor Doyle :sheep:, vetoer of several CCW Laws voted on by the masses in Wisconsin, is not seeking gubernatorial re-election in 2010. THANK GOD! Hopefully Wisconsin can finally come back to reality, and leave Illinois in our rear view mirror forever. Keep your fingers crossed.:santaclaus:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Good luck Wisconsin! Maybe in the future, only the People's Repulik of Illinois will be the only state to usurp the 2A rights of it's subjects.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Glad to have him and his veto stamp heading out--now you need to work toward supporting a pro-carry candidate.

Good luck!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ah,,, the future is looking better already for you guys,
Keep your finger crossed, maybe this is the start of something good for yall...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Good for you. Maybe he should be run out of Wisconsin, permanently.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
As someone who was raised in WI but escaped the madness (and the snow) many moons ago, I can only add, it's about time! Great news.

:danceban:

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's great news, I hope you want get another liberal who is worse, if that's possible.

Here in VA, our Gov. King Kaine's term will end Jan. 2010.

·
Registered
535 Posts
+1

This is great news. Hopefully, the new guy, whoever he or she turns out to be, will sign a good gun bill that lands on his desk.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love it. Might make it just that much harder for Illinois to ignore if the only other state in the union gets some form of concealed carry.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Perhaps the good governor sees the political winds changing and wants to get out of the game before he gets trounced; either way, good luck to all the kind folks that brought the rest of America Heusinger's Brats.......

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I celebrated when I heard the news the other day. Now get someone elected that will side with us and get that carry bill pushed through as fast as you can.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Milwaukee Mayor

Suppose he would have liked to have had some options. Maybe a wake up call.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Good luck Wisconsin! Maybe in the future, only the People's Repulik of Illinois will be the only state to usurp the 2A rights of it's subjects.
Maybe Illinois is the worst, but any state that does not have "shall issue" is not giving its people their rights.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I thought I remember WI was 1 vote short of being able to override a veto by the governor a few years ago.
What's the story now?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Didn't the state congress have enough votes for a veto over-ride?

We had a democratic governor in Missouri who vetoed the CCW law.

But out wonderful state congress over-rode the veto and now we have the right to carry a concealed weapon!:danceban:

Good luck to all of you good folks in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Some of Wisconsin's politicians wanted to play both sides of the fence. Several voted for the CCW law, but did not vote to override the veto. Just enough did not to leave the vote one short of enough to override. Politics at it's best. I hope that the people of Wisconsin will not return those particular legislators in their next election.

Politics - is made up of two words.
The Greek poli meaning many.
And "ticks" which are blood sucking creatures!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts