Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the local McD's this morning and they put up a gun buster sign since our last visit. So, we went elsewhere for breakfast since signs have force of law here. Too bad Burger King was closed today - I usually go there for breakfast. Went to Perkins for breakfast. I don't know if the anti-gun policy is a nationwide policy now for McD's.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Sad. Fortunately signs do not have the force of law in Georgia. Still try to not give my money to anti-2A companies. You might want to see if your location is a franchise or a company store. If its a franchise there is a chance that if you give polite feedback to the owner the signs may come down.

·
Registered
Various
15,475 Posts
Haven't seen any here yet. They do not carry the force of law here. They can ask you to leave. If you don't leave, you are guilty of a misdemeanor trespass. I have never been asked to leave an establishment, so I guess my concealment works so far.

·
Super Moderator
16,091 Posts
I don’t know but it may be manager policy, the one closest to me is not posted but the others in town are. Signs here have the force of law so I honor their wishes and take my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
When the no weapons signs went up at Buffalo Wild Wings several years ago, I asked the hostess to please bring the manager to the door. I informed him that the policy was unacceptable to us (my wife and I) and that we wouldn't be back, and we haven't been. I don't know if those signs are still up but I won't spend my money in places which have such policies.

Here are some ideas:
https://rmgo.org/gun-laws/banning-businesses/

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
When the no weapons signs went up at Buffalo Wild Wings several years ago, I asked the hostess to please bring the manager to the door. I informed him that the policy was unacceptable to us (my wife and I) and that we wouldn't be back, and we haven't been. I don't know if those signs are still up but I won't spend my money in places which have such policies.
The one by me does not have a sign AFAIK.
I just do not look for the signs. Don't really care.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The gun buster signs do not carry the force of law in Alabama, but you can be asked to leave, and if you don’t you can be charged with trespassing. I haven’t seen any gun buster signs at any restaurants in my area. If I really need something from a store that has one, I’ll carry anyway, concealed as usual.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Our McDonalds sux. They ain't nothing but bunch of snot nosed kids working there that have absolutely no idea what customer service is. And the last few times we (my wife and I) went, we had to clean a table to use, despite their only being a couple of other customers.

I've called the phone number they have in the lobby for comments about their service a couple of times and told them about our very unpleasant experience to no avail, so we don't give them our business anymore.

So when I get a craving for a double quarter pounder with cheese, I have to drive to the next town over. I have not noticed any gun buster signs on their doors.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I love the pancakes at Perkins better then anything I could eat at a McDonald's. Unfortunately our closed years ago. I found a recipe on line for the pancakes that is pretty good, but still not the same. I'd forget that McDonald's and tell the mgr he has lost many customers and gained nothing except a bit of self righteousness.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I love the pancakes at Perkins better then anything I could eat at a McDonald's. Unfortunately our closed years ago. I found a recipe on line for the pancakes that is pretty good, but still not the same. I'd forget that McDonald's and tell the mgr he has lost many customers and gained nothing except a bit of self righteousness.
Similar to what we did with Buffalo Wild Wings. We like Buffalo wings so the sign at BWW only served to motivate us to developing our own wing sauces. After a bit of experimentation, we've managed to create a few different sauce recipes which we think are better than the BWW versions, specifically the medium, wild and spicy garlic. Not only are the sauces better, IMHO, the wings we get are more consistently sauced. One complaint we had when eating at BWW was that sometimes the wings were brought to the table with barely any sauce detectable on the wings. Grrrr..., we don't have that problem any more.

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Another reason to love FL, no problem with firearms in churches, banks, and signs (which are seldom seen) do not have the force of law.
All the sun and no state income tax doesn't hurt either.:schild42:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Another reason to love FL, no problem with firearms in churches, banks, and signs (which are seldom seen) do not have the force of law.
All the sun and no state income tax doesn't hurt either.:schild42:
Colorado is much the same. We can even carry in bars but consumption of alcohol is ill-advised and could land a person in a legal issue.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I think the gun buster pictograph was added to the most recent "No bare feet, No bare chest..." door sticker sign for McD's, no doubt updated due to the antics of militant open carry activists. The location nearest my office just remodeled and added the new sign. As noted, no legal impact in CO- I doubt the manager would care less if patrons CC'ed at that location.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
We don't eat at McDonalds (or other fast food joints) and we probably don't fit their demographic (health conscience) customer!:rolleyes:

Reactions: ShooterGranny
1 - 20 of 41 Posts