Defensive Carry banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nobody has mentioned my technique, so here goes.

On a Kydex OWB holster with the screw in clips, like this:

View attachment 302070

View attachment 302072

Reverse the belt clips from the inside of the holster to the outside. Use a slightly larger belt and run it over the outside of the holster instead of around behind it. If you're anything like me, it will simply disappear and printing will be a thing of the past.

BTW this is a $39 Outlaw Holster but a lot of others will work. So will soft loops.
How do you like the Outlaw Holster? I have been wanting to try one because it appears to not ride quite as high as most OWB holsters. Closer in setup to a Glock Sport Combat holster?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
How do you like the Outlaw Holster? I have been wanting to try one because it appears to not ride quite as high as most OWB holsters. Closer in setup to a Glock Sport Combat holster?
I really like the design and implementation of the Outlaw holsters. In ride height and general feel it does feel very much more "minimal" that most OWB holsters. I suppose that would make it closer to the Glock holster in feel. I like them for several reasons, the first being with the belt loops reversed I don't have any OWB holster at any price that holds the gun closer to the body and conceals so well. In that regard it is more like a high quality IWB. Second, the price and number of guns they have holsters for makes them one of my favorites. Last, you can get different colors and images on them so you can keep a handy list of which holster is for which gun.

All in all, I have two manufacturers that have become my go-to: Vedder and Outlaw. I have to count pennies carefully so cost is a major concern.

Reactions: ParsonBrown and Nix

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Carried a 4" GP100 in an OWB pancake holster today (still am, actually. :wink:)

I doubt the GP100 would be very comfortable to carry in a IWB holster, but I've never tried it. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Carried a 4" GP100 in an OWB pancake holster today (still am, actually. :wink:)

I doubt the GP100 would be very comfortable to carry in a IWB holster, but I've never tried it. :dunno:
I can clarify one thing: it's not made for a belly band. I have a GP-100 with the 2.78" (something like that) barrel and I tried a belly band once. Never again.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Full size Glock, Strong side hip, Kydex high and tight.

Is "high and tight" a brand of holster? Or the hair cut that works best with that rig? :biglaugh:

Is a photo possible, please? :wink:

I have a kydex Bravo Concealment OWB for my Glock 19 (works with a G26, too). I've had this for several years now, and while it does work, I can't say I'm crazy about it. Of course, I can't say I'm all that crazy about the G19, either. Interested in better options....and I need a haircut, too. :3a:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
IWB just doesn't work for me.....OWB Fist #2 works great for me year round. Covers nicely in the summer with just a t-shirt.
Also like a JM Kydex OWB for the G19 when I can wear a sweatshirt or jacket !!!

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Is "high and tight" a brand of holster? Or the hair cut that works best with that rig? :biglaugh:

Is a photo possible, please? :wink:

I have a kydex Bravo Concealment OWB for my Glock 19 (works with a G26, too). I've had this for several years now, and while it does work, I can't say I'm crazy about it. Of course, I can't say I'm all that crazy about the G19, either. Interested in better options....and I need a haircut, too. :3a:

Glock Holster 1.jpg Glock holster.jpg

I don't know what brand, it was $25 on Ebay. As you can see I replaced the belt loops. The others were fine, I just wanted wider loops and a thinner window for a closer fit. I call my hair cut wash and wear......

·
Registered
41 Posts
I always do as Iwb carry is just uncomfortable for me. But I alway wear a vest so concealment is not a problem. Don’t care much for shoulder holsters, though I have a few. Again...not comfortable for me. Most of my holsters have been made by Bob Mernickle and my choice is always leather and always brown. I was a Deputy Sheriff for 36 + years, and when I was a uniformed officer...I learned to hate black gear! I was never happier than when I was a plainclothes officer for the last 12 + years!
Cheers,
Lunger

81 - 96 of 96 Posts