1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Cocked? Kinda depends on the weapon... 1911, yes. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I haven't seen too many cops that carry 1911's...just my experience as a civilian...but I could be way off.:redface:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sheriff's department around here uses double action 40 cal., Hammer down, chamber loaded. :comeandgetsome:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I would hope they do...See a lot of 1911's around here...I guess it depends on the agency...

·
Registered
711 Posts
In one community in which I lived the PD could carry 1911's and other SA guns as long as the gun was not cocked and locked. The gun was to have a round chambered but the hammer down. Per city council rules. Latter from what I was told by a friend on the PD they were allowed to go to cocked and locked --- he felt that having to take time to cock the pistol when needed was a pain that cold get him killed.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I haven't seen too many cops that carry 1911's...just my experience as a civilian...but I could be way off.:redface:
Willimantic, CT PD, but not cocked and locked. Hammers down. I don't know if there's one in the pipe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not a LEO, but I am an infantryman in the Marines. The idea of NOT having my weapon ready is...well, stupid. Now in the police world, things might not happen as often, but they DO happen just as fast. I would only hope all the LEO protecting the :sheep: in my area are ready to do so!

·
Registered
369 Posts
It wouldnt make much sense to carry them around not ready to fire.
:blink:......yup...what he said......:wave:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have carried a Sig 226, Sig 229, Berreta 92, H&K USP, Springfield XD Tactical, Glock 22, Kahr P40, CZ P-01, EAA Witness 10mm, Glock 20, Glock 17, S&W 686, Ruger Sp101, Bersa Thunder 380, and a NAA .22 mag. While not all were carried on duty they were all carried off duty. All guns were carried loaded hammer down. I currently carry a G22, Kahr P40, and a NAA .22 mag while on duty. All are loaded and ready to fire at all times on duty or off.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Well, cocked and locked can only be if it is 1911 or SA/DA. In any case, I do not know how LEO:s carry their weapon, but why should they not carry cocked and locked? :hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I carry my Colt 1911 as per the manufactors recommendations. Any department that does not is asking for problems.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I've seen Glocks, PX4's, and other guns... even a few revolvers, never a 1911 type except off-duty. But you can bet they are chambered and ready.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My sidearm was always fully loaded. My longarms were Condition 3.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts