Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not attempt this unless you have a very good marriage or want to get out of one:cool:

My wife started the laundry this morning before she left to do whatever she does when she leaves the house. I got the fitted sheet for our bed and took the tag off and sewed it back onto the top right of the sheet.

The tag on the bottom right. Fitted sheets are a pain to begin with.

Fast forward a few hours and she took the laundry back to the bedroom. I can hear my wife in the bedroom using words I have not even heard while I was in the Army LOL. Periodically for 10 minutes, I would hear her saying "what the.....(fill in the blank)

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
33,966 Posts
You might have just settled for the wife putting the sheets back on the bed and been happy with that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do not attempt this unless you have a very good marriage or want to get out of one:cool:

My wife started the laundry this morning before she left to do whatever she does when she leaves the house. I got the fitted sheet for our bed and took the tag off and sewed it back onto the top right of the sheet.

The tag on the bottom right. Fitted sheets are a pain to begin with.

Fast forward a few hours and she took the laundry back to the bedroom. I can hear my wife in the bedroom using words I have not even heard while I was in the Army LOL. Periodically for 10 minutes, I would hear her saying "what the.....(fill in
You really need to get a hobby!

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Ive been hearing the tag lecture weekly from the wife for years while helping change the sheets. My response is, "yes dear, may I have a pillow cover now?" If I were to say something else, well... that's when the fight started.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
@Osprey Brother...you are far luckier than I. IF Mrs OldChap ever suspected me of doing anything like that, I'd be pushin' up daisies!

I once sought testimonies from married couples in a church I served early in my career. One particularly ornery couple agreed that Monday was the day when they discussed divorce. Every other day of the week they discussed MURDER. I learned never to ask anyone else.

Reactions: Osprey

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Osprey Brother...you are far luckier than I. IF Mrs OldChap ever suspected me of doing anything like that, I'd be pushin' up daisies!

I once sought testimonies from married couples in a church I served early in my career. One particularly ornery couple agreed that Monday was the day when they discussed divorce. Every other day of the week they discussed MURDER. I learned never to ask anyone else.
We just had our 28th Wedding Anniversary 10 days ago...We are on pretty good ground. Murder has never been brought up :)

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
We just had our 28th Wedding Anniversary 10 days ago...We are on pretty good ground. Murder has never been brought up :)
You might have read on here about my huge mistake I made some time later, violating my own decision about married couples speaking about how wonderful marriage is. I invited a couple celebrating their 50th (IIRC) anniversary to speak to the congregation. The wife gave a moving little speech. The husband said, (and I quote), "50 years of marriage goes by just like 5 minutes - UNDERWATER."

Those folks snickered and belly laughed during the rest of the service. They never heard a word I said after that. :)

Reactions: Osprey
1 - 20 of 24 Posts