Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, simple question here. Do snub revolvers (specifically 442/642 is what I'm shopping for) fit well inside jeans pockets? I know they'll fit in cargo shorts and others with huge front pockets, but I'm concerned the typical jeans pockets may be too tight. I have been spoiled size-wise with my LCP, but I want to switch to a revolver for my daily.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
It depends on how tight you wear your jeans.

Also, the grips on the revolver make a difference, but I have been known to pocket carry a 638 with factory boot grips, with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
It really depends on the brand of jeans, I normally wear Wrangler brand relaxed fit jeans. They have large enough pockets I carried a 4-inck S&W Model 25 I had just purchased around and only had about 3/4 inch of the grip showing. I can drop any of my J frames into the front pocket and it just disappears and you don’t even feel it. Now if you prefer the type of jeans that require 2 cans of WD-40 to put on you may run into a problem with printing.

Reactions: bill35738

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
The 36 with combat grip, not as easy as the 442 and bobbed 37 with stock grip. The 442 with Hogue Tamer is OK if they are not too tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It really depends on the brand of jeans, I normally wear Wrangler brand relaxed fit jeans. They have large enough pockets I carried a 4-inck S&W Model 25 I had just purchased around and only had about 3/4 inch of the grip showing
Not trying to hijack the thread...but, it takes a real man to wear jeans large enough to pocket carry a 4" Mod 25.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a Blackhawk #3 and the 642 fits in my pocket fine. I don't particularly find it comfortable. I prefer IWB at 4. Then it disappears. I use the pocket holster for around the house.

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread...but, it takes a real man to wear jeans large enough to pocket carry a 4" Mod 25.
I’m not all that big I wear 38X29 jeans; something you want to watch out for is the material the pockets are made of. You want a good sturdy fabric not quite the same weight as the jeans but sturdy enough to support the gun without sagging or tearing.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I can't get my LCP to fit in my loose fit jeans comfortably, and my 642 doesn't stand a chance. Even in baggy cargo's the 642 is just too porky, I can carry the LCP and wallet in the same pocket easier.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Tough answer without knowing more details. It all depends on how much there is of YOU that's already IN the blue jeans. :biggrin2:

Exactly. I could fit just about any commonly carried pistol or wheel gun in my pocket when I was 450lbs (56x30) - but now there's a very limited portion of my arsenal that fits at 188lbs (32x32). I'm limited to my LCP in jeans or slacks. And the G43 pockets sufficiently in athletic shorts. My 642 will go in, but it is a pain to draw and it bulges unnaturally.

Reactions: kopfjaeger

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Also depends on whether you tuck your shirt into your pants, or not. For me, tucked = LCP. I can only pocket carry my LCR when I untuck my shirt.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It really depends on the brand of jeans, I normally wear Wrangler brand relaxed fit jeans. They have large enough pockets I carried a 4-inck S&W Model 25 I had just purchased around and only had about 3/4 inch of the grip showing. I can drop any of my J frames into the front pocket and it just disappears and you don’t even feel it. Now if you prefer the type of jeans that require 2 cans of WD-40 to put on you may run into a problem with printing.
LOL I was just going to recommend the same ones. Wrangler relaxed fit jeans are for guys who need pockets and actually use pockets. YMMV, but you can carry all kinds of stuff in the front pockets and nobody'd know. Levi 501s, not so much. Too tight in the thighs unless you're a stick man. For other casual type pants ideas, there are a few people making khakis that have large pockets for carrying pretty much everything in the world with you. Most department store men's sections will have them, I think Levi's Dockers has a line of big deep pockets made for carrying a wallet, phone, knife, keys, etc. that will fit a revolver or other type nicely.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If your jeans fit well they won't accommodate the revolver. I can BARELY conceal a mustang.
I can mostly conceal a small revolver in the back pocket using a "wallet style" holster, but it sticks out a little.

·
Super Moderator
18,787 Posts
Yes, the Smith & Wesson J-Frames and the Colt Detective Special fit in my jeans in De Santis Nemesis holsters.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Do snubbies fit in jeans pockets?

I left work earlier today and followed a shapely and bouncy young lady wearing some really tight jeans out to the parking lot.

My answer is a definite NO!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Ruger KLCR in jeans pocket all the time. No problem. Smith 642 even easier !!!

Reactions: Haywood

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wear Wrangler regular fit, because they're cheap at Target haha. The LCP fits in but I really don't see anything much bigger fitting. I'll need to play w one at my LGS I guess.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
One brand that has surprisingly good pockets is cheap Walmart Faded Glory relaxed fit. The pockets are deep and the opening is more horizontal than vertical. My snubby easily fits in them.

Reactions: Renaldow
1 - 20 of 20 Posts